Waves SSL TDM Collection
Product Code 40693
Buy Today and Save $0.00 (0% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
To faithfully recreate the extraordinary SSL sound, Waves engineers spent more than a year analyzing and modeling the distinctive sonic characteristics of SL 4000 factory reference consoles and components provided by Solid State Logic. Extensive testing reveals that the Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins sound virtually identical to their hardware counterparts. Now, the classic sound of the SSL 4000 Series can be your sound.
Developed under license from Solid State Logic, The Waves SSL 4000 Collection includes three meticulously modeled plug-ins based on the legendary SSL 4000 Series: the SSL E-Channel, the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor, and the SSL G-Equalizer.
MPN SSLTDM 0 0
SSL G-Master Buss Compressor
- Based on the renowned master buss center compressor of the SL 4000 G console, the Waves SSL G-Master Buss Compressor captures the unique sound of its IC input and twin VCA gain-reduction amplifier design. This compressor has long been prized by top engineers for its ability to "glue together" tracks, and is considered by many to be the ultimate finalizer that transforms a mix into a finished record. It's also ideal for taming piano dynamics or adding punch to drums and percussion.
- With gain reduction meters that mirror the originals, the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor displays levels in dBu rather than in dBFS and includes SSL's coveted Autofade feature, with an adjustable fade rate from one to sixty seconds. You can even switch the Analog modeling feature on or off to suit your needs.
- This four-band equalizer, modeled on the SSL G Series EQ292, offers greater gain change than the E-Series EQ, and a slightly different curve. The SSL G-Equalizer includes a slight dip before a boost as well as a slight rise before a cut, which contribute to its incomparable sound, and its broader Q allows for more extreme equalization. That's why many leading engineers use the E Channel's equalization for detailed problem-solving and mixing, and the SSL G-Equalizer to shape and give character to the sound.
- The SSL E-Channel delivers the characteristic sound of the original's all-discrete design and its Class A, VCA chip.
- Equalization. The equalization section of the SSL E-Channel is based on the renowned Black Knob equalizer, developed in 1983 by SSL in association with legendary producer George Martin. The Black Knob equalizer featured enhanced cut and boost ranges and a steeper 18dB/octave high pass filter for tighter control of low frequencies, as well as a smoother curve. Features a High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter, and a four-band parametric equalizer. The Split feature lets you position the Low Pass and/or High Pass filters before the dynamics processors and put the filters in a dynamics sidechain for simple de-essing.
- Dynamics. The dynamics section features a soft-knee compressor/limiter and an expander/gate modeled on the SSL LS611E. Like the original, it can be placed before or after the equalization section, and makeup gain is automatically applied to maintain a steady output level. The compressor's adjustable attack lets you choose between the default auto-sensing function which responds to your source material or a fixed 1 ms. attack time.
- G-Channel consolidates the equalization and dynamic controls of SSL G Series consoles into one convenient tool. The G-Channel EQ module delivers the original hardware's characteristic pre-boost dip, pre-cut rise, and broad Q for extreme frequency manipulation. The Dynamics section features soft-knee compression and limiting, a gate/expander, and automatic makeup gain for rock steady output levels. Together, they deliver the one-of-a-kind sound and convenient routing flexibility that have made the SSL G-Series console a control room classic. (G-Channel is available at no additional charge to users of SSL 4000 Collection and Studio Classics Collection covered by Waves Update Plan.)