Monophonic analog/digital synthesizer - Pot Edition
Product Code 40717
Buy Today and Save $200.00 (14% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The Mono Evolver PE Keyboard has a voice architecture that is identical to the original desktop Evolver, but it sports a 3-octave keyboard, pitch and mod wheels, and enough knobs and switches to put a smile on the face of even the most jaded tweaker. It features two analog oscillators and two digital oscillators utilizing the waves from the legendary Prophet VS. Classic Curtis analog lowpass filters and real analog VCAs round out the analog section. The LFOs, step sequencer, and three separate delays can all be synced for massive, rhythmic, time-based effects in stereo.
About Dave Smith Instruments:
Dave Smith founded Sequential Circuits, the premier manufacturer of professional music synthesizers, in the mid-70s. In 1977, he designed the Prophet-5, the world's first microprocessor-based musical instrument. This revolutionary product was the world's first polyphonic and programmable synth, and set the standard for all synth designs that have followed. The Prophet instruments played a major part in the recordings of all popular music styles, and are still prized by musicians today.
Dave is also generally known as the driving force behind the generation of the MIDI specification in 1981—in fact, he coined the acronym. In 1987 he was named a Fellow of the Audio Engineering Society (AES) for his continuing work in the area of music synthesis. After Sequential, Dave was President of DSD, Inc, an R&D division of Yamaha, where he worked on physical modeling synthesis and software synthesizer concepts. He then started the Korg R&D group in California, which went on to produce the professional musician favorite Wavestation products and other technology.
- Monstrous four oscillator voice architecture: two analog and two digital.
- True stereo signal path with separate Curtis analog low-pass filters in each channel.
- Dedicated onboard effects (feedback, delay, distortion, high-pass filter, etc.).
- Highly accessible sound control for easy, intuitive operation: 58 knobs—43 of them potentiometers—and 33 switches.
- 16 x 4 step sequencer really brings the Evolver to life with evolving "pseudo-polyphonic" sounds – you won't believe it's monophonic!
- Stereo audio input for audio processing of external stereo or mono signals, enabling the synth to act as a unique stereo effects processor.
- Everything (sequencer, LFOs, and delay) syncs perfectly to MIDI.
- Multiple Evolvers can be daisy-chained for increased polyphony.
- 3-octave, semi-weighted action keyboard with velocity and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel.
- 512 fully editable Programs (4 banks of 128) Oscillators: 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync; 2 digital wavetable oscillators with Prophet VS waves and wave sequencing capability, FM and ring modulation.
- White noise generator
- 2 Low-pass filters: 1 analog Curtis filter per channel, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR).
- 4 LFOs.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs.
- Digital high-pass filter.
- Digital delays: 3 separate, syncable, stereo delay lines.
- Tuned feedback with "Grunge": use feedback as a pitched sound source.
- Distortion and "Output Hack."
- 16 x 4 step sequencer: one sequence per Program.
- Arpeggiator: up, down, up/down, and assignable modes, and latched operation.
Ins and Outs
MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain.
- Stereo audio input: 1/4" unbalanced.
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV1 and Pedal/CV2 inputs: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.
- Power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 700 mA)
- Operation manual
Description$289.00 Add to cart
Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter
Description$289.00 Add to cart
Classic Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Professional Column Keyboard Stand with 13 and 18 inch Tri-bar Support Arms
Description$89.95 Add to cart
Multi-host 2x2 MIDI interface for Mac, PC, and iOS - Lightning
Description$69.95 Add to cart
2-in 1-out MIDI Merger
Description$39.99 Add to cart
Medium Keyboard Bench
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
10-Feet Pro Dual Cable 1/4-Inch TS to Same