USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Product Code 41819
Buy Today and Save $46.00 (6% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
With simple plug-and-play operation via high-speed USB 2.0, the 828mkII provides 20 inputs and 22 outputs, including 10 channels of pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF. Expand your system by connecting additional interfaces.
The 828mkII is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As a computer interface, the 828mkII provides 20 separate inputs and 22 outputs, including separate main outs and headphone out. The two mic/guitar/instrument inputs feature analog, pre-amplified sends which allow you to insert your favorite outboard EQ, compressor, guitar amp, reverb or other effects processor before the signal goes digital. Use any input as a return.
You can add additional send/return loops using the 828mkII’s new CueMix DSP™ on-board mixing feature, a flexible DSP-driven 20-input/8-bus mixing and monitoring matrix that eliminates the need for an external mixer or patchbay. Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Then monitor all of these live inputs via the 828mkII’s main outs, headphone jack or any other output — with virtually no monitoring latency and no processor drain on your computer. You can even create separate monitor mixes for the main outs, headphones and other outputs. Control everything from the included CueMix Console™ software or directly from the 828mkII’s front-panel.
Need to hit the road? The 828mkII operates as a stand-alone mixer, with no computer required. Need to tweak your mix? Do it on the spot with the 828mII’s backlit LCD and front-panel controls. Every 828mkII setting can be accessed from the front panel.
Back in the studio, 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O, plus stereo S/PDIF, make the 828mkII an ideal companion for a digital mixer. All digital I/O connections support standard sample rates up to 96kHz.
The 828mkII includes 16-channels of MIDI input and output via its FireWire or hi-speed USB 2.0 connection to the computer. Simply plug in your FireWire or USB cable, and both MIDI and audio are ready to go. Connect any MIDI device, such as a controller keyboard, synth module, automated control surface or drum machine. Timing is sample-accurate with supporting software.
Two different models of the 828mkII are now available: FireWire and high-speed USB 2.0. They are identical, except for their connection to the computer. Either model can be connected to any FireWire- or USB 2.0-equipped Mac or PC. The 828mkII provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac OS X (version 10.2 or later), Windows XP and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/GSIF/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Macintosh, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Front-panel control - access your entire mix, or any 828mkII setting, directly from the front panel.
- Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 828mkII to your gig - no computer needed. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes - create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear - with no latency.
- Two mic pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power, front-panel trim controls and pre-amplified sends.
- Mic/guitar instrument sends - add your favorite outboard EQ, preamp, reverb or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs, before the signal goes digital.
- 20 inputs / 22 outputs - there’s no channel sharing in the 828mkII; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- 8 channels of 24-bit ADAT optical input/output. Eight channels at 44.1/48kHz. Four channels at 88.2/96kHz.
- Sample-accurate digital transfers between ADAT digital tape decks and the computer via the ADAT sync port.
- Sample-accurate MIDI - connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable - add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Eight 24-bit 96kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- SMPTE in and out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0.
- Front panel volume control for main outputs.
- Front panel headphone jack with independent volume control.
- Front panel meters for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs.
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.
- Analog 24-bit 96kHz on +4/-10 TRS: 8 inputs, 8 outputs
- 2 Mic Preamps: 24-bit 96-kHz on XLR/TRS Combo
- Main Outputs 24-bit 96kHz on TRS: Stereo
- Headphone Output: Stereo
- ADAT Optical (digital): 8 Inputs, 8 Outputs
- S/PDIF 24-bit 96-kHz (digital): Stereo Input, Stereo Output
- Total: 20 Inputs; 22 Outputs
Description$999.99 Add to cart
1U Deluxe Channel Strip
Description$799.00 Add to cart
16-Channel Digital Live Sound Mixer for iPad Control
Description$429.00 Add to cart
Audio Workstation Software with MIDI Sequencing
Description$369.00 Add to cart
World & Ethnic Virtual Instruments
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Deluxe 4 Space Rack Case
Description$79.99 Add to cart
3-Mode Multi-Functional 48-Point Balanced Patchbay
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)