The Furman HDS-6 / HR-6 Audio Distribution System offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. The combination of unique functions add unprecedented functionality and convenience to any multiple-user audio application.
The system consists of two components: the rackmount HDS-6 Audio Distribution System, and one or more HR-6 remote mixers (please note that the HR-6 remote mixers are sold separately). Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables -- multiple HR-6’s are simply daisy-chained together. A pair of 25 foot linking cables is included with each HR-6, and other lengths are easily obtained at your local computer store or through mail order. For applications where daisy-chaining is not practical, a twelve port or larger ethernet patch panel can be wired to allow multiple HR-6 units to connect from a central location. Up to eight HR-6 remote mixers can be linked to an HDS-6, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each HR-6.
The HR-6 is a compact six-channel, five-pot remote mixer that clamps to any mic stand. When used with the HDS-6, the HR-6 allows musicians to customize their own headphone or monitor mix, and the engineer doesn’t have to touch the board.
The HR-6 provides four mono pots and one stereo pot. The four mono pots allow each user to create a custom mix of four console channels or busses. The stereo pot will most often be used for a main control room mix, or for a stereo effects return.
The HR-6 also provides a “Submixes Included/Excluded” button, which mutes the four mono pots, allowing only the stereo source to be heard, without having to alter the HR-6’s four monaural settings.
The HDS-6 / HR-6 Audio Distribution System and HR-6 Remote Mixer are designed for high-end audio applications, yet are affordable enough for home studios and general live sound applications.
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the board
- Perfect for use as a headphone system in the studio, plus drives powered monitors in live sound applications
- Provides each musician with five volume controls: four monaural (for mixer channels or busses), plus one for an overall stereo mix or a stereo effects return
- HDS-6 to HR-6 linking cables are included, as is a universal mic stand clamp
- Input Impedances: 20 Kohms
- Sensitivity: Variable, -10 to +4 dBu for rated output. (adjustable with trimpot on each input)
- Power Output: 400 mW at 32 ohms (200 mW at 600 ohms, 500 mW at 100 ohms) from 20 Hz to 20 KHz.
- Connectors: Inputs: RJ-45 jacks
- Output: 1/4" stereo headphone jack
- HDS-6 / HR-6 Connecting Cable: 2 10Base-T UTP Ethernet computer cables, Cat. 3 or better.
- Distortion: 0.008% THD at full rated power at 1 KHz; 0.05% THD 20Hz to 20 KHz.
- Dynamic Range: Greater than 96 dB
- Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 KHz, 400 mW output
- Power Requirements: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 20 watts
- Dimensions: 2.5" H x 6.75" W x 3.5" D
- Weight: 6.8 lbs.
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Dynamic Semi-open Pro Headphones
Description$139.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Personal Mixing Station
Description$69.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$49.95 Add to cart
Pro Dynamic Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)