10-Channel Stereo Mixer with Built-in Compressor
Product Code 43075
Buy Today and Save $39.01 (30% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The MG102C Stereo Mixer from Yamaha offers sonic quality that will satisfy the most critical listener, surprising flexibility and ease-of-use, and some advanced features you normally wouldn't find in this type of compact mixer.
The MG102C has a total of 10 input channels comprised of two mono microphone/line channels and four stereo line channels. The stereo channel can be used as mono microphone inputs, providing a total of four microphone inputs when necessary. Gain trim covers a wide -60dB - -16dB range for microphone input, and -34dB - +10dB for line input.
Top-mounted input and output connectors make setting up and re-patching your system quick and easy. It features high-quality Neutrik balanced XLR connectors on both mono microphone/line channels and two of the stereo channels. The XLR-equipped stereo channels can accept mono microphone input either via the XLR or phone jack connectors. The remaining two stereo channels on the Yamaha MG102C provide phone jack and pin jack connectors for compatibility with a wide range of sources. The two mono input channels also feature insert I/O connectors that let you patch external signal processing gear into those channels as required. Separate pin-jack 2TR inputs are provided to accept the output from a CD player or similar stereo source.
Microphone preamplifiers are critical in any mixer, and a performance bottleneck in many. That's why pros often spend thousands of dollars on just a single channel of microphone pre-amplification. The microphone preamps built into the MG mixers inherit technology from Yamaha's top-line professional consoles, and have been painstakingly designed to deliver superior sonic performance with any dynamic or condenser microphone. All four microphone preamps also feature switchable phantom power so you can take advantage of the natural, extended response of high quality condenser microphones. A single switch turns phantom power on or off for all four channels.
This advanced feature can be a tremendous advantage in achieving great vocal sound. It can also be used to refine the sound of bass, guitar, and other sources. You won't find built-in channel compression on too many other mixers in this class, but in the MG82CX and MG102C you have Yamaha's innovative one-knob compression feature on mono input channels 1 and 2. Conventional audio compressors with their threshold, ratio, knee, makeup gain and other controls can be complex and time-consuming to set appropriately for a given source. Yamaha's one-knob compressor eliminates the need for an engineering degree with a single control that lets you simply dial in the amount of compression you want.
Building a truly useful, musical-sounding channel equalizer is no easy task, but Yamaha has decades of experience in building pro consoles to draw on, and you reap the benefits in the MG-series mixers. Channels 1, 2, 3/4, and 5/6 feature full 3-band equalizers with LOW, MID, and HIGH controls, while channel 7/8 on the MG82CX and channels 7/8 and 9/10 have 2-band EQ for smooth equalization of stereo sources.
The MG82CX has EFFECT send controls on all channels that adjust the level of the signal sent from the corresponding channel to the mixer's internal multi-effect system. The same signal can also be sent to external effect processors via the mixer's EFFECT SEND jack. The MG102C has AUX send controls on all channels in place of the MG82CX EFFECT send controls, and these adjust the level of the signal sent from the corresponding channel to the AUX SEND jack that can be used to feed external effects or a monitor system. A RETURN control in the master section of both models adjusts the level of the signal returned from external processors via the RETURN jacks.
Located above the mixer's master controls, on the convenient easy-access connector panel, are the main stereo output connectors, phone-jack monitor output connectors, pin-jack recording outputs, and a stereo headphone jack. They may be compact, but these mixers offer plenty of connectivity for a wide range of applications.
Accurate visual level monitoring can help you achieve maximum signal-to-noise ratio without distortion. The MG mixer's bright, easy-to-read multi-segment LED meters make it easy to control system levels for optimum overall performance.
Both of these compact models can be mounted on a microphone stand for optimal positioning and easy access using the optional BMS-10A Mic Stand Adaptor. This can be particularly handy when using the mixer as sub-mixer for drums or as a cue box in recording situations.
MPN MG102C 0 0
- Frequency Response: STEREO OUT, EFFECT SEND (AUX SEND*), MONITOR OUT, REC OUT
- GAIN: min (CH 1/5/6) 20Hz 20 Hz Nominal output level @ 1kHz: -3.0 1.0 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD + N) STEREO OUT, +14 dBu @ 20 Hz-20 kHz, Input GAIN Control at minimum : 0.1%
Hum & Noise:
- CH INPUT 1,2 MIC, EIN (Equivalent Input Noise): Rs = 150 Ohms, GAIN: maximum (CH. 1, 2): -128 dBu
- STEREO OUT, STEREO Master control at nominal level and all channel Level controls at minimum: -87 dBu
- EFFECT SEND (AUX SEND), all CH. EFFECT (AUX) controls at minimal: 85 dBu
- STEREO OUT, STEREO Master Control and one CH fader at nominal level (Ch1,2) : -64 dBu
- STEREO OUT Residual Output Noise 100 dB
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): Adjacent Input CH 1, 2: -70 dB; Input to Output STEREO L/R, CH 1-2, PAN: panned hard left or right: -70 dB
- Phantom Voltage MIC: + 48V
- Input HPF: CH 1-5/6, 80 Hz, 12 dB/oct
- Input equalization CH 1-5/6 HIGH: 10 kHz (shelving), MID: 2.5 kHz (peaking), LOW: 100 Hz (shelving); CH 7/8, 9/10 HIGH: 10 kHz (shelving), LOW: 100 Hz (shelving)
- PEAK Indicator: Red LED turns on when post EQ signal (either post MIC HA or post EQ signal for CH 3/4, 5/6) reaches -3 dB below clipping (+17 dBu).
- Internal Digital Effect* : 16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control, Foot Switch (Digital Effect On/Off)
- LED Level Meter, Pre MONITOR Level, 2 x 7 points LED meter (PEAK, +6, +3, 0, -5, -10, -20 dB), PEAK lights if the signal level reaches 3 dB below the clipping level.
- Power Supply Adaptor PA-10: AC 35 VCT, 0.62 A, Cable Length = 3.6 m
- Power Consumption: 21 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.10" x 2.4" x 11.9" (256.6 mm x 62.2 mm x 302.5 mm)
- Net Weight: 3.4 lbs (1.5 kg)
Description$139.00 Add to cart
Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Classic Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Live Performance Dynamic Microphone
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Professional Studio Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$22.95 Add to cart
30 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF
Description$18.95 Add to cart
25 foot Instrument Cable
Description$14.95 Add to cart
10 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF