The Joemeek sixQ2 packs a wealth of features into a single rack space studio channel.
- Some changes we made to the sixQ2:
- The microphone input transformer is permanently assigned to the "Mic" Input. The "IRON" switch now optionally sends the "Line" input through the transformer, to add some colouration to Line sources.
- The input "GAIN" control now operates over the range 18dB to 60dB, with improved resolution in the crucial 25dB-45dB range. Microphone inputs up to +4dBu can be accommodated without distortion
(+24dBu by using the "PAD" switch).
- As before, with the "LINE" input selected the gain is unity (0dB) at the top of the dial; the gain range is now -19dB to +22dB.
- The "INSTRument" input now has a gain range of 0dB to +40dB.
- "PEAK" LEDs now light at +16dBu (2dB below Full Scale Digital).
A single channel mic pre, three bands of highly musical EQ, and our signature optical compressor make for a highly capable recording instrument. With a front panel instrument input
Output either analog or digitally directly to your sound card or DAW for a warm, musical analog sound - just what you've been looking for!
The Joemeek Digital Audio Interface provides high quality digital audio outputs. The digital audio outputs are compatible with most digital recorders, as well as Digital Audio Workstations and mixers. S/PDIF format is available from the RCA phono connectors.
The Joemeek Digital Interface has highly stable onboard master clocks for low-jitter, hi-fi results. Internal sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz are selected by means of rear panel switches. 44.1kHz is the standard used for audio CD's, while 48kHz and 96kHz are widely used in recording studios. In general, the higher the sample rate, the better the audio fidelity, but the more disk space is required for the recording. For example, recording at 96kHz requires twice as much storage as 48kHz. Consult the manual of your recorder or DAW as to what sample rates it will accommodate.
- Input impedances: Mic: 1.2kohm; Line: 10kohm
- Pre-amp overall gain: -2dB to 60dB (variable)
- Common mode rejection: 70dB
- Equivalent input noise: -128.5dBu (unweighted)
- Distortion: 0.001% (below Compressor threshold)
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 70kHz (-3dB)
- Maximum input before clipping: Mic: +24dBu; Line: +45dBu
- Headroom before clipping: +29dBu
- Compressor threshold: -6dBu to +22dBu (variable)
- Compressor ratio: 1:1 to 10:1 (variable)
- Compressor attack time: 1 msec to 100 msec (adaptive)
- Compressor release time: 0.1 sec to 3 sec (adaptive)
- Nominal output levels: +4dBu/-10dBv
- Output impedance: 75ohm
- Output Level switch: 12dB attenuation
- Noise Floor: -85dBu (typical, with ~40dB mic gain)
- VU Meter: Analogue movement
- Power supply: 115V / 230V ac mains, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 30W
- Mechanical: 482W x 88H x 220D (overall)
- Weight: 3 kilos
- High Pass Filter: 12dB per octave cut below 80Hz
- EQ Boost & Cut: +/-15dB (zero phase-shift bell response)
- LF Frequency: 40Hz to 650Hz variable
- Mid Frequency: 300Hz to 5kHz variable
- HF Frequency: 6kHz/12kHz switchable
- EQ "Q" 0.9 (1.6 octaves
Digital Output Specifications
- Sampling: 24 Bit
- Resolution: 24-bit delta sigma using Wolfson WM8738 ADC
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz selectable
- Output Formats: S/PDIF electrical, S/PDIF Optical
- Oversampling: This is [sample frequency divided by twice the bandwidth]. So for a 20kHz bandwidth sampled at 96kHz, oversampling = 2.4x. However the term oversampling is sometimes confused with [clock frequency divided by sample rate]. In the DB-1 that would be 256x at 96kHz
- Noise Floor: typically 92dB A-weighted (referenced to 0dBFS = +18dBu). So for a +4dBu signal, the SNR is 78dB
- Distortion: typically 0.01% @ 0dBu (20Hz - 20kHz) at 96kHz sample rate
- typically 0.02% @ 0dBu (20Hz - 20kHz) at 48kHz sample rate
- typically 0.02% @ -1dBFS (20Hz - 20kHz) at all sample rates
- Crosstalk: typically -67dB (20Hz - 20kHz)
Description$1,792.00 Add to cart
Mixer/Workstation Desk Black
Description$699.00 Add to cart
AT4047/SV Cardioid capacitor microphone.
Description$675.00 Add to cart
Mic / Line Preamplifier
Description$349.00 Add to cart
Reference-Class Open-Back Headphone
Description$54.95 Add to cart
Studio Microphone Cable
Description$49.95 Add to cart
Professional Advanced Pop Filter
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$21.95 Add to cart
Studio Headphone Hanger