There are two oscillators on the PRO-CHOP that can run separately or simultaneously. On the left side of the pedal, the controls adjust the square wave attributes (which produce modern, pulsing guitar chops such as the intro to Green Day's ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams' or ‘How soon is now?' by the Smiths), and the controls on the right side adjust the triangle wave attributes which produce the vintage tremolo or pan sounds. By combining both waves, some stunning new effects can be created.
Stereo vs. Mono
In mono, when you turn the Chop effect on, the sound will be turned on and off at the rate and ratio (pulse width) you choose. When you hook it up in stereo, when one side is off, the other side is on, so the signal bounces back and forth across the sound stage. Try it on a big stage for a stunning large sound effect. You can independently set the PAN and Chop rates or control them both with the pedal.
In pan/tremolo mode, in mono, the PRO-CHOP will provide a versatile tremolo unit that allows the signal to be modulated deeper and slower than all other tremolo units, and the tempo can be set on the fly. In stereo, one side is on while the other is off, so the sound pans gradually from the left to the right at a rate determined by the rate control or pedal.
When you select the Blend or Shake modes, In mono, you hear the two waves beating against each other. In stereo, you here rhythmic pulses flying across the room.
MIDI Sync & LCD Read Out
No more tap tempo! Hook up a synthesizer, or Protools or a drum machine, or any software that provides a MIDI clock beat, and you can synchronize the PRO-CHOP's rhythms exactly to the beat and create exciting, danceable grooves and more. You can synchronize either of the PRO-CHOP's oscillators to the MIDI clock and set the pedal to provide 1/2/3/4/8 modulations per MIDI beat.
MPN GF-CH2 2 2
- All analog circuitry, crystal clear sound, wide dynamic range, no coloration.
- Easy to use. No programming or scrolling through patches required.
- MIDI-in socket and sync controls allowing 1/2/3/4/8 modulations per MIDI clock beat.
- Bright blue backlit LCD screen showing modulation rate / frequency / sync status.
- Easy to use. Patented ergonomic design with the control knobs facing you. The unique pedal shape allows more controls in a smaller footprint.
- Reliable, wear-free, noise-free, pop-free optical operation. Bypassed when the pedal is all the way back (heel down).
- Mono in, stereo out, even when in bypass mode. Both outputs are equal with zero gain.
- 9VDC working with around 30mA current consumption. 9V AC power adapter recommended for gig or studio use.
- Will accept standard 2.1mm power supply plug, center negative.
- Flashing blue and red LED's to show modulation rates.
- Compact Size: 9" x 4" (228mm x 103mm).
- Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.2lbs (1.1kg).
- Tremolo: Versatile Tremolo with modulation rate controlled on the fly by the pedal.
- Rotating Speaker: Stereo rotating speaker effect with rate adjustable by the pedal.
- Chopper: Entrancing, rhythmic, short or long pulses in stereo or mono with pedal-adjustable frequency.
- Delay Emulator: All the texture of multiple echoes but without the encumbrance of a repeated note.
- LCD Read Out: Modulation frequencies can be seen enabling precise and repeatable tempos.
- LCD Easy to See: Illuminated with bright blue LEDs for maximum visibility.
- MIDI Sync: Modulation frequencies can be synced to a MIDI clock signal – get in sync with any groove.
- Make New Waves: Player can choose 1/2/3/4/8 chops or pans or tremolo waves per MIDI beat.
- Easy to Use: Two button system to choose display / sync mode of choice.
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.99 Add to cart
15 Foot Instrument Cable
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$24.95 Add to cart
2-inch Polyester Guitar Strap
Description$19.95 Add to cart
Folding Instrument Stand - Fits in Case
Description$14.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable, 1/4 inch Straight to 1/4 inch Right-angle
Description$9.99 Add to cart
Electric Guitar Strings