Professional Mastering Native Plug-In Bundle - RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, MAS, DirectX
Product Code 45139
Buy Today and Save $0.00 (0% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The L3 from Waves, is a pair of plug-ins for Native based DAW systems that perform multi-band peak limiting, delivered in two versions. The Multimaximizer and Ultramaximizer plug-ins both utilize a patent-pending "Peak Limiting Mixer" (PLMixer) engine, the only difference being that less control is provided on the Ultramaximizer.
Unlike most wide band limiters, the L3 uses linear phase crossover filters to divide the audio spectrum into five bands. The PLMixer then uses psychoacoustic criteria to intelligently decide how much attenuation to apply to each band so that all available headroom is used.
The result is that inter-modulation is minimized and overall loudness is maximized, while brick-wall limiting is still maintained - all while retaining the simplicity of a single master threshold control. With its transparent operation, brick-wall limiting, extreme tonal range and dithering and noise shaping control, the L3 can function as a complete mastering processor.
MPN L3TDM 0 0
• The PLMixer doesn't require a wide band peak limiter to catch overshoots generated by individual band adjustments. Instead, the mixer automatically controls the gain relationship between the bands.
• A Priority control allows the user to control the relative limiting of each band. This unique control lets users adjust the tonal character of the L3 over a wide range, while maintaining brick-wall limiting.
• The L3 allows a 12dB boost or cut in each band in addition to the limiting applied to each band. In effect, this feature functions exactly like a Linear Phase EQ placed before the limiting section of the L3, making the L3 an all-in-one final mastering tool.
• Features a linear phase crossover which doesn't introduce phase distortion between the frequency bands. The crossover points are selectable by the user.
• While the technology of the PLMixer allows the L3 to be transparent, additional controls allow it to emulate the color and character of vintage limiters. The Separation control adjusts the independence of each band - when set to 0, the bands do not react separately, and so the L3 functions and sounds like a wide band limiter.
• The Master Release alters the L3's Adaptive Release Control (ARC,) offering a Warm, Scaled, Aggressive and Manual tonal options in addition to the standard ARC setting.
• Includes dithering and noise shaping section.
Mac G4 867Mhz
OS-X 10.2.8 and above
Minimal Screen resolution 800x600
Any application that conforms to the following Mac Native protocols: MAS, VST, RTAS, Audio Units or AudioSuite
PC P3 or AMD Athlon 1Ghz
Windows XP and SP1 or 2000 and SP4
Minimal Screen resolution 800x600
Any application on the PC platform that supports RTAS, VST, AudioSuite or DirectX
Description$498.00 Add to cart
Two 8 inch Powered Studio Monitors
Description$350.00 Add to cart
Renaissance Plugin Collection INCLUDES Renaissance Channel
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Tube Condenser Microphone
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Professional Studio Headphones
Description$54.95 Add to cart
USB Smart Key
Description$26.95 Add to cart
1/4 Phone - 1/4 Phone, 3m (9.9 ft.) x 8
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)