The Martin D15M acoustic guitar looks like it came right out of the history books, and delivers a sound for the ages. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company still embraces design techniques introduced many years ago to create their guitars' timeless tone.
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin D15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin D15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a mortise and tennon neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses 2 pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
The Martin guitar's solid mahogany neck further complements the crisp, defined acoustic sound of this dreadnought. The bridge and fingerboard are solid East Indian rosewood, adding smooth sustain to the mix. The 14 open frets, 1-11/16" nut width, 2-1/8" bridge string spacing, and 16" radius add comfort for your intricate fingerboard movements.
Other appointments include a single-ring rosette, bone nut, solid/square taper headstock, solid East Indian rosewood headplate, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay, belly-style bridge, nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs, and a solid black ebony bridge and end pins. Dressed in a soft satin finish and featuring a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, the Martin D15M guitar glows with classic vintage looks and sound. Includes a Martin 345 hardshell guitar case.
- Model: D-15M
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Mahogany
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Satin
- Top Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP7200)
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Electronics: Optional
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$39.95 Add to cart
2.5-Inch Deluxe Jacquard Guitar Strap w/ Leather Ends
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$21.95 Add to cart
Adjustable Guitar Stand
Description$16.95 Add to cart
Automatic Humidity Control System 3-Pack
Description$8.95 Add to cart
Pro Instrument Polish
Description$6.95 Add to cart
Phosphor Bronze Medium Guitar Strings
Description$5.99 Add to cart
Original Pure Nickel Light Guitar Strings