The custom-engineered Tannoy Reveal 601A Active Studio Monitor equips your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without an excessive price tag. Building upon a world-class reputation, Reveal active monitors are the latest evolution of Tannoy's high resolution passive and active reference monitor technology.
The self-powered Reveal 601A monitor's perfectly matched integrated amplifier ensures maximum efficiency from the 6.5" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter and removes any need for a separate power amp. Response has been optimized for quarter space near field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface, while independent gain control is provided on the rear panel, along with HF trim control, to allow fine tuning.
The low distortion 6.5" LF/MF driver voicing has been enhanced to deliver a natural and accurate ultra-linear response in the low and midrange frequencies, while the wide bandwidth tweeter extends the amplitude response beyond the 20kHz audibility threshold to 30kHz to improve the phase response within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image, ensuring stunningly accurate mix translation.
The rigid MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimizes coloration, while internal bracing of the sides and rear against the back of the bass driver provides a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly; this ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange. The curved edged design of the front baffle helps eliminate diffraction, while the front-firing bass port avoids the problem of exaggerated bass response as a result of boundary-coupling – a pitfall inherent with rear-firing designs when positioned close to a wall. The new elliptical tweeter waveguide has also been optimized to control high frequency directivity and minimize diffraction, ensuring a wide and even sweet spot.
Both balanced XLR and unbalanced TRS jack inputs complete the versatile package, ensuring the Tannoy Reveal 501a is easily integrated into any home or project studio with the minimum of fuss.
MPN: 8001 5870
- Integrated 90W total power amp unit
- 6.5" (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1" (25mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide Frequency response of 60Hz – 30kHz
- Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimize diffraction
- Response has been optimized for quarter space near-field operation, such as on a meter bridge or table on either side of your control surface
- Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
- Bass unit optimized to minimize asymmetry and to linearize the suspension component
- Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band.
- LED indicator shows power status
- + 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
- Rear mounted volume control for convenient Home
- Studio and PC/MAC laptop/desktop use.
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced jack connectors
Description$399.99 Add to cart
38.5-Inch Studio Monitor Stands
Description$189.95 Add to cart
Closed-back Bass and Drummer Headphones
Description$49.95 Add to cart
Studio Accessory Cables
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$18.00 Add to cart
Pro Stereo Interconnect Cable, Dual REAN 1/4 in TRS to Same