Rack Mount Automatic Mic Mixer & USB Audio
Product Code 62980
Buy Today and Save $200.00 (18% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The Rane AM1 is part gain-sharing automatic mic mixer, part manual line mixer, part USB audio I/O device, and simultaneously a Rane RAD. Use it as a standalone mic/line mixer, add more gain-shared mics using up to seven Rane AM 2 Automixers (sold separately), and/or use the RAD Port to transport the main mix via a Rane Mongoose to a CobraNet network.
Each of the four XLR Mic Inputs offers front panel input Level controls feeding a gain-sharing automatic mixer. Rear panel, 3-position switches for each Mic Input support dynamic mics (no phantom power), condenser mics (48 V), wireless receiver outputs (+10 dBu max). A front panel Mic Mix Level control adjusts the volume of all automixed mics.
The AM1 is optimized for automixing speech. The mic inputs have a fixed 100 Hz to 7 kHz bandpass filter to provide the best voice-only automatic mixing using a gain-sharing algorithm.
Three manually-mixed audio inputs provide a simple user interface and installation. The Aux 1 Input dual RCA and Aux 2 3.5 mm jacks are independently monoed, each with a front panel Level control. A dedicated USB Charge port adjacent to Aux 2 provides power to USB devices such as iPods or other USB-powered devices. The separate orange USB Audio Input also offers a front panel Level control for the 16-bit, 48 kHz digital audio that is monoed immediately upon entry.
Signal and Overload indicators monitor the Mic and Aux Inputs, the Mic Mix and the Main Mix. Indicators flank the corresponding Level controls.
The AM1 appears in Windows and Apple OS X computers as a standard USB Audio Device, immediately compatible with dozens of audio recording and playback audio applications. The AM1 registers with the OS as a 16-bit 48 kHz device for both incoming and outgoing audio. The USB Audio port doubles as a firmware update port if future updates become available.
The XLR Main Output can be set to Mic- or Line-level to feed a mic snake or a +20 dBu max balanced input. The front panel Output Level control affects the XLR Output and the RAD Port output. The analog RECORD RCA Outputs and the digital USB Audio output are both mono, pre-Output Level, containing the same mix as the Main Output.
The RAD Port sends the AM1 output mix to a Rane Mongoose for routing to output RADs and/or a CobraNet network. The Cascade IN accepts audio and data from a Rane AM2's Cascade OUT. This adds the AM2's eight mic channels to the AM 1, creating a 12 channel gain-sharing automix. Up to seven AM2s can be cascaded to a single AM1, offering up to 60 gain-shared mics. Both the RAD and the Cascade IN port have status indicators to aid setup and troubleshooting.
Rear panel Fault, Locate, USB and Power indicators inform head-scratchers of device errors, the AM1's physical location, positive USB audio device OS registration and AC power status.
A front panel pre-Output Selector permits headphone cueing so users can verify input and output operation before bringing new sources into the live Output mix. Both ¼" & 3.5 mm headphone jacks with a Level control are provided. Duplicate Locate and Power indicators are on the front and rear.
Universal IEC power on the rear supports 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. The AM1 is UL Listed and CE Certified.
- Gain sharing and automatic mic mixing
- 4 XLR mic inputs with level controls & signal/OL indicators
- Manually or automatically mix levels
- 2 auxiliary inputs with dual RCA & 1/8" (3.5mm) inputs
- USB audio input (16-Bit. 48kHz)
- USB charge port for iPod and USB powered devices
- Power, Locate, USB, Fault and RAD status indicators
- Total # Of Inputs: 4
- Mic/Line Inputs: 4 - Balanced Mic/Line Switchable
- 3-pin XLR
- Stereo Line Inputs 1 - Aux RCA
- 1 - Stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) Mini USB I/O
- In-Line Inputs/Returns: No
- 2 Trk Master I/O: Mic / Line Switchabe XLR
- RCA Stereo Record Output USB
- ALT I/O: USB Audio
- Cascade In and RAD Ethernet Conections
- Channel Level Control: Sealed Rotary
- Potentiometers (POTS)
- Trim/Gain Control: Same as Channel Level
- Phantom Power: Switchable +48V
- Metering: Signal and Overload LEDs
- Frequency Response XLR Inputs 100Hz to 7kHz, +0/-3dB,
- -20dBFS, Extended vocal range
- Dynamic Range: 101dB re +20dBu, 20kHz BW, A-weighted, 0dB gain
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Mic in < 0.01%,
- 22Hz to 20kHz, A-weighted, +4dBu, 0dB gain
- Power Supply: Universal Line Voltage 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 13W
- Dimensions: 11.75 x 19 x 8.5" (4.4 x 48.3 x 21.6cm)
- Weight: 5 lb 4 oz (2.4 kg)
Description$699.99 Add to cart
12 inch 2-way Active Loudspeaker
Description$449.00 Add to cart
Wireless System with Rackmountable Receiver and Beta 58A Microphone Capsule
Description$219.00 Add to cart
Deluxe 4 Space Rack Case
Description$189.00 Add to cart
All-in-one Audio Line Tester
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Vocal Performance Cardioid Condenser
Description$31.50 Add to cart
Round Base Microphone Stand in Ebony
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)