The Rane AM2 is both an 8 channel, gain-sharing automatic mic mixer and simultaneously a Rane RAD. Use it as a standalone mic-only mixer, add more gain-shared mics using up to seven additional AM2 Automixers, and/or use the RAD Port to transport the mic mix via a Rane Mongoose to a CobraNet network. If you need manually mixed line audio sources, including USB Audio I/O, see the Rane AM1 Automixer.
Each of the eight XLR Mic Inputs offers front panel input Level controls feeding a gain-sharing automatic mixer. Rear panel, 3-position selectors support dynamic mics (no phantom power), condenser mics (48 V), or line input optimized for wireless receiver outputs (+10 dBu max). All Level controls come with front panel signal and overload indicators.
The AM2 is optimized for automixing speech. The mic inputs have a fixed 100 Hz to 7 kHz bandpass filter to provide the best voice-only automatic mixing using the gain-sharing algorithm.
The XLR Main Output can be set to mic- or line-level to feed a mic snake or a +20 dBu max balanced input. When an AM2 is used standalone, both the XLR Output and the RAD Port output audio are affected by the front panel Output Level control. When the AM2’s Cascade Output feeds a downstream Rane AM1 or AM2, the front panel Output Level control only affects the XLR Output.
The USB port is solely used as a firmware update port if future updates are needed.
The RAD Port sends the AM2 Output mix to a Rane Mongoose for routing to output RADs and/or a CobraNet network. Cascade IN accepts audio and data from an upstream AM2’s Cascade OUT. This adds eight more mic channels to the initial AM 2 creating a 16-channel gain-sharing automix. A maximum of eight AM2s can be cascaded, offering up to 64 gain-shared mics. If an AM1 is included, it must be the final device in the chain of no more than eight. Simply connect Cascade OUT ports to Cascade IN ports and the AM1 RAD Port to the Mongoose. Both the Cascade IN port and the Cascade OUT/RAD Port have status indicators to aid setup and troubleshooting.
Rear panel Fault, Locate, USB and Power indicators inform head-scratchers of device errors, the AM2’s physical location, positive USB audio device OS registration and AC power status.
Duplicate Locate and Power indicators on the front help installers physically locate and verify AC power to the AM2.
Universal IEC power on the rear supports 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. The AM2 is UL Listed and CE Certified.
MPN am2 0 0
- Gain sharing and automatic mic mixing
- 8 XLR mic inputs with level controls & signal/OL indicators
- Manually or automatically mix levels
- USB audio input (16-Bit. 48kHz)
- Power, Locate, USB, Fault and RAD status indicators
- Total # Of Inputs: 8
- Mic/Line Inputs: 8 - Balanced Mic/Line Switchable 3-pin XLR
- In-Line Inputs/Returns: No
- 2 Trk Master I/O: Mic / Line Switchabe XLR
- ALT I/O: USB Audio
- Cascade In and RAD Ethernet Conections
- Channel Level Control: Sealed Rotary Potentiometers (POTS)
- Trim/Gain Control: Same as Channel Level
- Phantom Power: Switchable +48V
- Metering: Signal and Overload LEDs
- Frequency Response: XLR Inputs 100Hz to 7kHz, +0/-3dB, -20dBFS, Extended vocal range
- Dynamic Range: 101dB re +20dBu, 20kHz BW, A-weighted, 0dB gain
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Mic in < 0.01%, 22Hz to 20kHz, A-weighted, +4dBu, 0dB gain
- Power Supply: Universal Line Voltage 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 13W
- Dimensions: 11.75 x 19 x 8.5" (4.4 x 48.3 x 21.6cm)
- Weight: 5 lb 4 oz (2.4 kg)
Description$699.99 Add to cart
12 inch 2-way Active Loudspeaker
Description$189.00 Add to cart
All-in-one audio line tester talk back and more..
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Vocal Performance Cardioid Condenser
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Classic Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
Description$31.50 Add to cart
Round Base Microphone Stand in Ebony
Description$29.95 Add to cart
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)