The Vexter Fuzz Factory is identical in construction to the newest hand-painted Fuzz Factories, including a DC power jack and on/off LED indicator. Because it is hand silk-screened instead of hand-painted, we are able to offer it at a somewhat reduced price!
This is a five-knob fuzz using two new old-stock sixties germanium transistors. The circuit is not modeled after any classic fuzz design, but should have been around when Leary was still lucid.
Although the five knobs are named for the parameters over which they seem to have the most control, please don't hold me to it. They are controls for various operating levels and biases, and basically shape you a personalized fuzz.
- Made with 2 new old stock '60s germanium transistors
- Volume, Gate, Compress, Drive, and Stability controls
- Hand-silkscreened, hand-polished aluminum chassis
- Volume: Output level
- Gate: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to the right to eliminate squeals, hiss, and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch. Turning to the left opens gate.
- Compress: Adds attack characteristic when turned to the left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also tunes in fat, feedbacky fuzz. Lower the Stability and see what happens to this control.
- Drive: Increases distortion when used as a "normal" fuzz and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness.
- Stability: Use to control feedback pitch. This is one of the more finicky controls, so it will take some experimentation to get it right.
Description$399.95 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$79.99 Add to cart
Molded Polyethylene Pedalboard and Carrying Case
Description$28.95 Add to cart
AC & Cable Pedal Combo Pack
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable
Description$6.95 Add to cart
6 inch Guitar Patch Cable, Hosa Right-angle to Same