Martin guitars from the X series feature patented high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top, patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: great-sounding, great-playing guitars, that are environmentally friendly, and priced to fly out the door. This is one of Martin's best values ever. The X Series affirms Martin's commitment to providing an affordable and competitive option to players dedicated to live performance.
The 6-string Martin DX1AE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body design producing big, round sound. Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the mahogany-pattern HPL back and sides, the Martin DX1AE belts out rich clarity and plenty of projection. The mortise and tennon neck joint ensures solid construction of the instrument, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics.
The Martin guitar's stratabond neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4" scale, 1-11/16" nut width, and 16" radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
The Martin DX1AE guitar features proven Sonicore pick-up technology with the Fishman Sonitone system featuring "easy access" volume and tone controls conveniently and strategically located just inside the sound hole.
Dressed in a satin finish and featuring chrome tuners, chrome hardware, this acoustic electric guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
All Martin guitars from the X Series arrive stage ready—just plug them in and play. All X Series guitars also include a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Martin has always made prudent use of natural resources, especially rare or endangered tonewoods in making their guitars. At the same time, it's committed to building guitars of superior tone and playability that are affordable to every guitarist. The Martin DX1AE guitar from the X Series more than meets both of these criteria.
MPN DX1AE 1 1
- Body design: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top bracing pattern: A-Frame ''X-1''
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard material: Black Richlite
- Scale length: 25.4''
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Finish top: Hand Rubbed Finish
- Bridge material: Black Richlite
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed with small buttons
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor bronze (msp4100)
- Bridge & end pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Interior label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
Description$149.95 Add to cart
Archtop Hard Shell Dreadnought Case
Description$99.99 Add to cart
Zero-Gravity Dreadnought Guitar Case
Description$54.99 Add to cart
Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag
Description$15.95 Add to cart
Chromatic Digital Clip-on Tuner
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Tubular Single Guitar Stand
Description$5.99 Add to cart
Original Pure Nickel Light Guitar Strings
Description$4.95 Add to cart
Phosphor Bronze Medium Guitar Strings