The Loar's nitrocellulose-finished LM-700 F-model mandolin is a tribute to classic design techniques. From the hand-carved, hand graduated AAA spruce top and AAA flamed maple back and sides to the abalone/mother-of-pearl headstock inlay, these mandolins were built to represent Golden Age craftsmanship updated for the modern era.
Carved and assembled in the Loar Hand Carved Design Workshop, then hand-rubbed with nitrocellulose lacquer for clean warm tone and powerful projection, this mandolin offers sounds that could only be previously found in instruments that were decades-old.
The hand-carved Loar mandolin is assembled with a one-piece maple neck and bound ebony fretboard, ebony bridge and vintage-style Gotoh tuners. The bone nut and ebony bridge allow for the singing sustain and sharp chop that professional players look for in a high-quality mandolin. Includes hardshell case.
MPN LM-700-VS 0 0
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated AAA Spruce
- Back & Sides Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated AAA Flamed Maple Back, Solid Flamed Maple sides
- Neck: One-Piece Maple with Rounded "V" Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Loar Flowerpot Abalone/M.O.P.
- Finish Type: Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivory and Black/White Purfling
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Includes hardshell case
Description$189.95 Add to cart
Archtop Professional Mandolin Replacement Maple Bridge Pickup
Description$139.95 Add to cart
Prestige Series Deluxe Hardshell F Style Mandolin Case
Description$99.99 Add to cart
Zero-Gravity Combination A/F-Style Mandolin Case
Description$39.99 Add to cart
Folding Wood Compact Ukulele/Mandolin / Violin Stand
Description$19.99 Add to cart
Clip-on Universal Chromatic Tuner
Description$17.95 Add to cart
Quick-Change Capo for Banjo/Mandolin