Roland and Cakewalk teamed up to create an awesome, portable sound module and interface called the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas. The SD-50 gives you a musical multi-tool that can handle anything from simple 2-track recording or playback, to being the centerpiece of a live, one-man-band. It offers you high-quality XLR and instrument inputs along with onboard effects, and the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas can play your backing tracks from a USB flash memory drive while providing you with a fully multitimbral sound engine for your keyboard controller. No matter what kind of music you create, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas has tools that let you do more.
In the studio, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is your complete 2-channel interface. Select from its hi-Z instrument or phantom-powered XLR inputs and record with most Mac- or PC-based DAWs. If you use a PC, then you can even take advantage of the included SONAR 8.5 LE recording software from Cakewalk. And if your studio is anywhere you can take your laptop, then the USB bus-powered SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is fully prepared to join you.
As a sound module, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is entirely worthy of the Roland name. A 1-in/1-out MIDI interface lets you plug in any MIDI equipped controller or keyboard. The SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas gives you 1,125 sounds and sports a 128-note polyphony. It even comes with impressive Mobile Studio Solo Tones, such as Roland's acclaimed shakuhachi, trombone, and violin. And because the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas meets General MIDI 2 (GM2) format specifications, any properly formatted MIDI 1 or 0 file you load via its onboard USB port will provide properly orchestrated backing tracks as you play.
Even if you aren't a musician, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is a powerful general purpose sound source. SONAR LE 8.5 offers educators and lecturers easy-to-use software to edit music or audio for presentation purposes, and the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas itself provides powerful and useful functions. While connected to a computer, it is a high-quality audio output option. But the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas doesn't require a computer to function. With only six AA batteries or using its included AC adapter, the SD-50 Mobile Studio Canvas is able to run in standalone mode. Just plug in a USB flash memory device loaded with your audio, and use its comprehensive onboard controls to play it back.
MPN SD50 0 0
- Compact, portable USB bus-powered audio and MIDI solution, perfect for laptop and mobile use
- 128 polyphony, 1,125 GM2/GS/Mobile Studio Canvas Solo Tones and 32 drum sets
- Features Mobile Studio Canvas Solo Tones including shakuhachi, trombone, and violin
- 2-in/2-out, 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio interface with hi-Z instrument and phantom-powered XLR input
- 1 x 1 MIDI interface
- V-LINK support
- Built-in hardware DSP FX for reverb, chorus, and mastering
- USB memory drive for quick playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and MIDI files
- Enhanced Transport Controls for key and tempo changes, A/B loops, center (vocal) cancel and more
- Powered by AC adapter, USB bus power, or batteries
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers
- Includes SONAR 8.5 LE recording software (Windows only)
Description$2,999.99 Add to cart
61-Key Music Workstation
Description$999.00 Add to cart
Backing Sound Module & Audio Recorder
Description$899.98 Add to cart
Two 2-way 7-inch Nearfield Monitors
Description$399.00 Add to cart
USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller 61-Key
Description$299.00 Add to cart
USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller 49-Key
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)