4-String Electric Cello w/ Gigbag
Product Code 64727
Buy Today and Save $400.00 (25% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The NXT Series Cello, available with 4 or 5 strings, opens up a new horizon for the serious cellist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. These new instruments, crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value.
Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar™ Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.
The NXT cello now incorporates NS Design's innovative JackPot™ potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, sending 100% of the instrument's signal to the amplifier. The result is a fuller, richer tone, with more power, detail, and overall intensity.
The NXT offers some benefits which cellists in particular will greatly appreciate. Wolf tones—a major concern for acoustic cellists—do not occur on the electric instrument. Similarly, in amplified performance settings, the NXT Cello will not feed back, even at high volume.
And, unlike an amplified acoustic cello, the NXT Cello sends 100% of its sound through its pickup, allowing loop and effects devices to manipulate the complete tone of the instrument.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, delivery a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief provides extraordinary ease of playability from the lowest to the highest positions. To suit individual player preferences, the fingerboard relief can be adjusted via the truss rod in the neck, and the string height is readily adjustable at the bridge.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Cello is adaptable to a nearly limitless range of music styles.
A fully adjustable tripod stand can be used seated or standing. The optional end pin stand provides the traditional cello points of contact and position. The Frame Strap System allows the cellist to stand up with full mobility for a new experience of freedom and expression.
The NXT cello brings unprecedented affordability to the player interested in world-class design, craftsmanship and performance. With a visual appearance a striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
- LENGTH: 94.2 cm (37")
- WIDTH: 13.9 cm (5.5")
- THICKNESS: 9.4 cm (3.7")
- WEIGHT: 4 string: 1.9 kg (4.1 lbs.), 5 string: 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 69.5 cm (27.36"")
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated ebony. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action
- TUNING HARDWARE: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- POLAR PICKUP: The Polar™ directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).
- INTERCHANGEABLE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: A fully adjustable tripod stand can be used seated or standing. The optional End Pin Stand provides the traditional cello points of contact and position, and is the best choice for cellists who have an animated style of playing while seated, or who play the instrument at a more horizontal angle. The End Pin Stand conversion kit attaches to the tripod stand to hold the instrument upright for on-stand performance or when not in use. The Frame Strap System allows the cellist to stand up with full mobility for a new experience of freedom and expression.
- GIG BAG (standard): Nylon 102 cm (40") long; 4.7 kg (10.3 lb) loaded weight with stand. With handle and shoulder strap.
Description$599.00 Add to cart
Stereo AC /DC Portable Amplifier
Description$279.99 Add to cart
40-watt 3 Channel Keyboard / PA Amplifier
Description$139.99 Add to cart
Programmable Strobe Tuner
Description$29.95 Add to cart
Ukulele / Violin Stand with Bag
Description$28.99 Add to cart
Chromatic Tuner and Contact Microphone
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable