The CR Series electric upright bass, with its exceptional versatility and tone quality, is fast becoming an indispensable tool for the serious bassist. The lean, solid-body CR Series bass takes its place in a long history of fine instruments crafted in the Czech Republic.
Available in 4 and 5 stringed models, the CR Series is made from select maple and ebony. The full scale fingerboard is graduated for consistent response from note to note, with adjustable relief and bridge height to suit all playing styles. Our Polar™ bridge pickup system combines great sound with directional sensitivity, for a rich and expressive response to pizzicato and arco technique. Optional EMG magnetic pickups expand the range to include classic electric bass sounds.
According to Bass Player magazine, the Czech made CR Series "boasts impeccable craftsmanship from a country with a reputation for quality upright bass building. It's clean aesthetics, excellent playability, and great sound put it ahead of the pack."
Three interchangeable support systems are available for the bass: the self supporting tripod stand, more conventional end pin stand, and shoulder strap assembly for full mobility.
MAPLE BODY AND NECK: The body and neck of the CR Series Double Bass are crafted of solid European hard maple, with a flame maple face. The neck has a traditional upright shape, but with extended access to the upper register of the fingerboard. The solid-body body design enhances sustain and clarity, and is resistant to the effects of temperature change and humidity.
EBONY FINGERBOARD: The seasoned ebony fingerboard is hand graduated to insure that each note is even and buzz free. An adjustable truss rod allows for precise relief adjustment for different strings and playing style. Small dots across the neck provide accurate position markers.
POLAR BRIDGE PICKUP SYSTEM: The Polar pickups can sense either lateral or vertical string vibration - or both! Set in the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow. In the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained.
EMG MAGNETIC PICKUPS: The low-impedance EMG pickups incorporate individually adjustable coils and neodymium magnets. Each coil is buffered separately for a full sound quality with very low noise. (Magnetic pickups pare optional. Only models marked with the letter M have magnetic coils.)
ACTIVE EQ AND MIXER: Controls include volume, a blend control for magnetic and piezo pickups, a toggle switch to select the mode of the Polar pickup, and individual bass EQ & treble EQ controls. The 18 volt power supply insures plenty of reserve overhead for full dynamics.
ADJUSTABLE BRIDGE: Two screws in the back of the body are used to adjust the bridge up and down. This allows the instrument to be set up to meet the requirements of many different playing styles.
- LENGTH: 132 cm (52")
- WEIGHT: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: 4 or 5 (Low B or high C)
- CONSTRUCTION: Solid rock maple neck and body, flame maple face
- FINISH: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss polymer coating.
- FINGERBOARD: Macassar Ebony; 43.1mm (1.7") wide at nut; 89.0mm (3.5") max. width.
- BRIDGE: Black phenolic; radius 7.9cm (3.1") string spacing 81mm (3.19").
- NUT: Macassar Ebony; radius 7.9cm (3.1"); string spacing 30mm (1.19").
- BRIDGE PICKUP: The Polar™ directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- MAGNETIC PICKUP (for CR4M and CR5M only): Low impedance EMG™ magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp.
- ELECTRONICS: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.
- CONTROLS: (top to bottom) CR-4M & CR-5M
- counterclockwise - magnetic pickups
- clockwise - Polar pickup
- Treble EQ
- Bass EQ
- Switch for Polar pickup:
- up - pizzicato (vertical vibration)
- center - both
- down position - arco (lateral vibration)
- CR-4 & CR-5
- counterclockwise - pizzicato (vertical vibration)
- clockwise - arco (lateral vibration)
- TRUSS ROD: Double rod design. Accessible at nut.
- TUNING MACHINES: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish.
- STRINGS: Compatible with most standard upright bass strings. D'Addario stainless steel flatwound strings standard.
- TRIPOD STAND (standard): Chrome-plated steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
Description$1,549.00 Add to cart
Nylon String Concert SA w/Deluxe Gig Bag
Description$699.00 Add to cart
Pro Guitar Synthesizer
Description$399.99 Add to cart
Digital Wireless Instrument System
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$219.99 Add to cart
GR GK-2A/GK-3 Unit Selector Pedal Switch
Description$59.95 Add to cart
High Quality Musical Instrument Cable
Description$49.95 Add to cart
13-Pin Cable for Roland Guitar Synths
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)