Pro Stereo On-Camera Microphone
Product Code 64903
Buy Today and Save $150.99 (38% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Building on the success of the VideoMic Pro, which launched in early 2011 and quickly became the defacto standard for DSLR on-camera audio, and RØDE's original Stereo VideoMic, the new Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a high quality stereo option for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
Based around a matched pair of high sensitivity ½"cardioid condenser capsules in a coincident XY pair, the Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a wide stereo image with natural depth.
The Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the feature set of the VideoMic Pro, with an ergonomic form factor perfectly suited to DSLR, consumer camcorders and large-sensor video cameras. The integrated shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise that can otherwise degrade the recording quality. Additionally the lightweight yet robust multi-strand cable provides excellent acoustic decoupling from the camera and offers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The user friendly designed rear of the microphone body features the power and equalisation controls, including a high pass filter at 75Hz which is designed to cut out the noise generated by air conditioning, traffic and other undesirable low frequency interference.
A -10dB PAD allows the user to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone, making it suitable for recording loud sound sources such as live music or at sporting events.
Like the VideoMic Pro, the Stereo VideoMic Pro features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
- Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
- Matched pair 1/2" condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
- Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 75Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- 9V battery powered - over 100 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Transducer Pressure Gradient, JFET impedance converter
- Polar Pattern: XY Cardioid (Coincident)
- Frequency Range: 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF@75Hz)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum Output: +4.2dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Power Supply: 9V alkaline battery
- Connection: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack
- SPL: 134dB, max (1 kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Sensitivity: -38dB re 1V/P (12.6mV @ 94dB SPL) ±2dB @ 1kHz
- EIN: 20dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 100dB (per IEC651)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 73dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 4.25 x 5.1" (66 x 108 x 130 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (117 g) (without battery)
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting
Description$399.00 Add to cart
12-Inch 2-Way 1000 watt Powered Loudspeaker
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Windshield and Shock Mounting Accessory
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitoring Headphones
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Adjustable Telescopic Boom Pole
Description$129.00 Add to cart
Microphone Boom Pole Arm
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)