The S502 combined a pair of matched cardioid capsules in the ORTF arrangement - the most popular stereo recording mi- crophone technique for loudspeakers as well as headphoness reproductions.
Based on the successful S241 and S125 true condenser tech- nology, Superlux exercise the same precision 1⁄2" gold coated diaphragm for the most precision sound pick-up. Simple and straightforward design provides experienced engineers the most convenient solution for stereo recording.
What is "ORTF"?
ORTF is brief from "Office de Radiodiffusion Télévision Française". This standard was estab- lished for stereo broadcasting that brings optimal
stereo performance to most audio systems. 2 cardioid capsules arranged with 110°
open angle and 17 cm space away.
The benefits of ORTF brings more spa- cious sound than coincident XY tech- nique, yet avoid "hole in the center" problem of spaced AB technique which exhibits very good
ORTF technique balanced excellent stereo po- sitioning, and spacious sound that please most of the audience than AB or XY/MS stereo tech- nique. ORTF is a technique that can be easily handled by beginners or video production crews with a fix ORTF stereo microphone such as S502. Experienced engineer can also takes this advantage with S502, or use a pair of S241 with stereo bracket for ORTF recording.
- Ture condenser, precision 1/2" capsules
- Fix capsules for ORTF standard
- Sturdy metal body
- 5 pin, balanced output
- Standard phantom power operation
- Shock mount included
- XLR 5 pins female to 2 x XLR 3 pins male plug cable included
- Excellent stereo image
ORTF Stereo Skill:
- When recording with ORTF microphone, keep the microphone at least 1 meter away from the ensemble.
- Adjust the microphone position so that the room space could be heard, while excellent direct sound is maintained.
- Keep the most of the ensembles/orchestra within 90° coverage.
- Keep the microphone high enough that each instruments/artists
has an un-block direct path to the microphone.
- Set the PAN control to extreme Left and Right. Do not pan the signal in between L and R.
- Choose a high quality recorder, or mixer.
- Adjust the nominal recording level at about -18dBfs for clas- sical music without compressor/limiter, while keep the peak at about -3dBfs to -6dBfs.
- Always use a shock mount.
S502 includes followings:
- A3 plastic carrying box
- HM-30 shock mount clip
- 2 x S20 foam screen
- FM0.6AMM 0.6m Y-Splitter Cable, 5-pin female XLR plug con- vert to 2 3-pin XLR male plug.
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Eight Premium Mic Preamp Pro USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Description$349.99 Add to cart
Six-Track Portable Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$99.99 Add to cart
4-channel Ultra Compact Mixer w/ Onyx Mic Preamps
Description$34.95 Add to cart
Pro Dynamic Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Description$32.99 Add to cart
Tripod Base Microphone Stand with Telescoping Boom (Black)
Description$29.95 Add to cart
25 Ft Pro Roadhog Mic Cable XLRM-XLRF