250 Watt 1x15 inch Ultra-Light Bass Combo
Product Code 65527
Buy Today and Save $200.00 (33% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Our BG250 1x15" ultra-light bass combo is the first amp in history with the power to choose and replace on-board effects time and time again. The revolutionary TonePrint® concept offers signature tones created by an ever-expanding list of the world's finest bass players such as Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Fourplay, Toto), Charles Cave (White Lies), Michael Shuman (Queens of the Stoneage), Gail Ann Dorsey (Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Seal), Mark King (Level 42), Roscoe Beck (Leonard Cohen, Robben Ford) and many more – all free of charge. In other words, this loud, light and open-design amp will surpass everything that you have come to expect from a bass combo!
With BG250, you get a staggering 250 watts of raw power, delivered through our cutting-edge, lightweight Class D amp technology that helps bringing the total weight down to an extremely portable 35 lbs., making it one of the lightest yet loudest combos in its class. The preamp gives you an ultra-fast, integrated 5-string bass tuner, TubeDrive and intelligently contoured Bass Tone controls that create anything from crispy, modern slap tones over grungy, cranked-tube-like tones for classic rock to tight and funky Jaco tones with ease.
Further, an Auxiliary input and headphone output cater for any playback and rehearsal situation, while a balanced XLR output makes recording and live performance a breeze, all of which is underpinned by the cornerstone of great bass amps: superb tone. But coolest of it all is the white TonePrint® knob...
TonePrint is a flexible effect slot that lets you decide exactly which effect the amp should use at any given time. BG250 comes loaded with our legendary SCF Chorus as default, but you can download numerous new bass effects from our website, replacing the chorus with other effects such as Octaver, Compressor, Overdrive, Distortion, Flanger and Vibrato.
To make the deal even sweeter, we had some of the best bass players in the world tailor their own personal effect tones for you to grab, and best of all – these Bass TonePrints are completely free of charge.
To load new types of effects or the artist-made Bass TonePrints, simply hook up your amp to a computer via the included USB cable. Or even cooler: beam them directly from your smartphone straight into BG250 using the mindblowing TonePrint App for iOS and Android. Quite simply, it is
an ever-expanding effects joyride, as new TonePrints will be added constantly in the future. This is merely the beginning.
MPN BG-250 0 0
- TonePrint® – The Power to Choose effects and Artist
- 250 Watts of Power
- Weight: 16 kg / 35 lbs
- Built-in Bass Tuner
- TubeDrive – Tube Pre- and Power Amp emulation
- World-famous TC Bass Chorus pre-loaded
- Bass contoured Tone Controls
- Rehearsal input – playback in speaker or headphones
- Balanced out – seamless recording or PA output
- High power Headphone output – for silent rehearsal
- Footswitch control of TubeTone, Tuner & TonePrint® (optional)
- 15" custom TC driver, custom TC Tweeter
- Input connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 500 kOhm / 100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 36dB
- Tone control:
- Bass: 80Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 100Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Mid: 500Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 800Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Treble/ Tweeter Tone: Center Freq: 1800Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 3150Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Tube Tone: 0 to 10, Tube amp Recreation
- Tone Print: 0 to 10 embedded parameters for TonePrints
- Tuner: Bass Tuner, always on
- Tuning range: B0 (30.87Hz) to G4 (392.00Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level / Headphones Output: Studio quality headphone amp
- HP Out Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply: 100 - 240V~ 50/60Hz (70W @ 1/8 of Max. Output)
- Power module rating: 250w (500w instantaneus Peak @ min. Load)
- TCE Power rating and Active Power Management
- Balanced output: Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Bal. Out Max.: +2dBu
- Bal. Out Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Rehearsal input: 1/8" jack input, fits to iPod®
- Storage Temperature: 0° C to 50° C / -30° F to 70° F
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- Dimensions: 462 x 620 x 380 mm / 18.2" x 24.4" x 15.0"
- Weight: 15.8 kg / 34.8 pounds
- Finish: Tolex covered. Handcrafted plywood box
- Front porting
- Woofer: TC Electronic custom 15"
- Tweeter: TC Electronic custom Piezo
Description$749.99 Add to cart
4-string Electric Bass with Deluxe Gigbag
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$159.95 Add to cart
Hard Shell Square Electric Bass Case
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Equalizer Guitar Pedal
Description$44.99 Add to cart
Compact Headphone Bass Amplifier
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$19.95 Add to cart
Roundwound Bass Strings
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable