Dynamic Effects / Sampler
Product Code 67038
Buy Today and Save $189.01 (39% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The realtime effects unit/sampler with the latest effects and sampling functionality
The Kaoss Pad series of effects units is famed for its intuitive touch-pad interface. The flagship model KP3 that appeared in 2006 continues to be highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world for its powerful, instantaneous effect programs and its wealth of sampling functionality.
The sounds that drive the dance music scene have evolved significantly over these past seven years, and effects – and how they're used - along with them.
The effects combinations which have become a staple in numerous genres and applications thanks to the KP3 have been taken to a new and cutting-edge level with the new KP3+. The KP3+ is a real-time effects unit that will generate the sounds of 2013 and beyond.
The intuitive design and amazing flexibility of the touchpad allows Kaoss Pad 3+ users to easily control multiple effects and parameters by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the Kaoss touch pad with their finger. Using this remarkable design, you can easily control and perform with effects in complex ways that would be impossible on a conventional effects unit.
A total of 150 effects ideal for remixing, DJ and live music applications, and in-studio use
The KP3+ provides new effect programs that are worthy of its status as the flagship model of the Kaoss Pad series. The KP3+ contains a total of 150 programs - 22 more than the KP3. In addition to the 108 effects carried over from the KP3, which include filters, spatial-type effects such as delay and reverb, a grain shifter that freezes tiny pieces of sound and repeats them, and a vocoder, there are 42 new or improved effects that represent today's dance music scene, including effects that were newly developed for the Kaoss Pad Quad, such as the Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Compressor.
Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
It's easy to obtain the scratch sound that's heard when you scratch a turntable, or use a record-stop effect. In addition to the basic Mod.1 Vinyl Break, the KP3+ also provides the new Mod.2 Break Reverb which adds reverb to the effect, and the LoP.2 Break Looper and LoP.8 Loop Breaker effects which combine the effect with a looper.
Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
You can use a side-chain effect to emphasize the backbeats of the kick. In addition to Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, there's a new rEV.1 Pump Reverb that adds a reverb effect. You can add a sense of "breathing" to your music by dynamically varying the reverberation in synchronization with the BPM.
Newly-designed looper lets you freely manipulate loops
For greater usability, the looper effect has been modified to let you loop the sound starting from the instant you touch the touchpad. The existing programs have been significantly updated; for example, if you move your finger to change the number of beats in the loop, the timing of that change will automatically be quantized. There are also many new programs such as LoP.4 Freeze Looper, LoP.6 Shuttle Looper, and the LoP.7 Slice Looper that finely slices a phrase and loops the location that you choose.
Effects for breaks and drops
New effects include dLY.2 Echo Break and rEV.3 Reverb Break, which mute the input sound and generate delay or reverb. These are ideal ways to create breaks in your DJ play. We've also enhanced the synth sound effects that are effective when used during a break, bringing them up to date for the evolving dance music scene. Newly added sounds include Syn.3 Pump Noise (noise without resonance, processed by a side-chain effect) as well as Syn.4 Lofi Synth and Syn.9 Resonator.
Other added effects include FL.16 Center Canceler for partial vocal cancellation, LFO.1 Jag Filter which uses a non-resonant filter to chop the sound, dLY.5 One Delay which shines on styles such as hip-hop, and Grn.6 Stutter Grain which alternately applies a grain shifter and a Looper. We completely rethought the X-axis and Y-axis parameter assignments and their polarity, and included flashy and glittering synth sounds as well as many more effects that will enhance the latest sounds of today's scene.
With MIDI IN/OUT jacks and a USB port, it's easy to control external MIDI devices. Loop data and user settings such as programs can be stored on an SD/SDHC card. The KP3+ Editor* is also available, which provides sample data librarian functionality as well as a MIDI assignment editor.
* Runs on Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later) / 7 (SP1 or later) / 8, and on Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
*This will be available for download free of charge from the Korg website.
- Use the touchpad to control effects in real time
- A total of 150 effects ideal for DJ mixing and sound design; 42 new types including:
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
- High-spec sampling functionality
- Numerous functions to make your performance even more expressive
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
- Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
- Number of effect programs: 150
- Effect Categories: Filter=20 (6), EQ=2?Modulation=18 (5), LFO=27 (2), Delay=17 (4), Reverb=8 (3), Grain Shifter=6 (1)
- Looper=20 (17), Sampler=7, CrossFade=4, Drum=6, Synth=10 (3), Vocoder=5 (1)
- ( ): New or improved functionality is enclosed in parentheses.
- Main controllers: Touch pad, LEVEL slider
- Audio Input: Line Input (Stereo RCA pin jack)
- Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output: Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jack)
- Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD/DA: 24 bit / Linear
- Sampling time: Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds
- External storage device: SD Card (16MB – 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- MIDI: In / Out
- USB: Type B
- Power supply: DC9V
- Display: 4-digit LED display
- Dimensions: 210 (W) x 226 (D) x 49 (H*) mm / 8.27" x 8.90" x 1.93", *including knob height
- Weight: 1.3 kg / 2.87 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, protective sheet for touch pad
Operating requirements for "Kaoss Pad KP3+ Editor"
- Computers: With USB ports support "Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8".
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later) / Vista (SP2 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 7 (SP1 or later, 32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit),
- Computers: Apple Macintosh computer with USB ports support Mac OS X.
- CPU: Intel Mac supports
- OS: Later Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer / Loop Recorder
Description$299.99 Add to cart
Mini Moving Head with Bright 12-Watt LED
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional DJ Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
For use in Digital Recorders and other SD compatible devices
Description$14.95 Add to cart
For use in Digital Recorders and other SD compatible devices