Previously, the only avenue to an authentic piano sound and touch was a large, heavy, and hard-to-carry keyboard. Now, with the RD-64 Digital Piano, stage and studio players can enjoy Roland's acclaimed piano features in a compact, travel-friendly instrument. SuperNATURAL® Piano technology powers ultra-expressive acoustic piano tones, while the 64-note Ivory Feel-G keyboard provides a true weighted-action playing feel. Also onboard is a selection of SuperNATURAL-based vintage EPs, plus essential clav and organ tones. Controller mode instantly turns the RD-64 into a flexible MIDI master keyboard, with a special one-touch setup that unlocks the SuperNATURAL sound potential in a connected INTEGRA-7 sound module or JUPITER-80/-50 synth. Streamlined and mobile, the RD-64 delivers piano-action performance and impressive versatility for live playing, on-the-go composing, home studios, teaching labs, and beyond.
Streamlined and Travel-Ready
With the RD-64, gigging players now have access to a compact, weighted-action stage piano that's as easy to transport as a synthesizer. The streamlined, lightweight design fits easily in small vehicles and takes up less space on crowded stages, plus it makes fly dates less costly and more convenient for touring musicians. It also works great as a high-quality, space-saving keyboard for home studios, teaching labs, and mobile composing. The optional CB-61L Carrying Bag is a perfect match for the RD-64, providing durable protection when you're on the move.
SuperNATURAL Piano and Other Essential Sounds
The RD-64 features Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine for top-level acoustic piano tones, plus a selection of expressive SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos. The rich, ultra-responsive sounds have a wide dynamic range with seamless variations in tone, delivering pro results for stage playing and studio recording. Also onboard are a number of clav and organ sounds, giving performing keyboardists the essential sounds they need for playing a wide range of music styles.
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
The 64-note Ivory Feel-G keyboard in the RD-64 incorporates Roland's most advanced sensor technology, escapement mechanism, and Ivory Feel features. This gives you the superior touch, sensitivity, and appearance of the keyboards found in our flagship 88-note pianos, right down to the unique key material that replicates the authentic texture and moisture-absorbing properties of real ivory and ebony. Combined with the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, the Ivory Feel-G offers expressivity and performance that rivals high-end instruments.
Effects and More
Onboard effects include a high-quality stereo reverb, plus EFX 1 and EFX 2 processors that provide sweetening specifically tailored to each of the RD-64's tone categories. Options include enhancer and damper resonance for grand piano sounds, tremolo and phaser for EPs, and many more, with quick on/off access via easy-to-reach buttons. There's even a dedicated rotary effect for the organ, featuring on/off and speed controls for authentic organ performance. A two-band EQ is provided for overall sound shaping, with easy adjustment on the fly via two convenient knobs. Stereo RCA inputs allow you to connect a music player for live backing tracks and practicing.
Advanced Controller Features
In a flash, Controller mode* turns the RD-64 into a powerful master keyboard outfitted with assignable knobs, buttons, pitch bend/mod lever, and the famous D-BEAM, perfect for controlling synths and other devices on stage and in the studio. Additionally, the one-touch SuperNATURAL button automatically assigns the RD-64's controllers to fully utilize the massive expressive potential of the SuperNATURAL tones in Roland's INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 synthesizers. *When the RD-64 is used in Controller mode, the onboard tones are not available.
Ideal for iPad Music Production
With an ever-increasing number of music apps available, the iPad is becoming more and more popular for basic production and on-the-go composing. By plugging in via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit, the RD-64 gives you a mobile, weighted-action keyboard to use with the popular tablet computer.
- Grand piano sound and weighted keyboard action in a compact, mobile instrument
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine delivers authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds
- E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology provides vintage electric pianos modeled with extraordinary accuracy
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch
- Streamlined design that's light and easy to carry
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category
- Controller mode* provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 synthesizers
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM
- iPad compatibility via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
*When the RD-64 is used in Controller mode, the onboard tones are not available.
- 64 keys (Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement)
- Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 5 types
- Sound Generators: SuperNATURAL Piano SuperNATURAL (E.Piano) Virtual Tone Wheel Organ
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices
- Tones: 12 Tones
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: Key Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Effects: EFX 1, EFX 2, REVERB
- Equalizer: 2-band Digital Equalizer
- Controllers: MASTER VOLUME knob EQ Hi knob EQ Low knob Pitch Bend/Modulation lever D-BEAM controller
- Buttons: [A.PIANO] button [E.PIANO] button [CLAV] button [ORGAN] button [Tone Variation 1-3] buttons [Function] button [SuperNATURAL] button [Octave +/-] buttons [Transpose] button [EFX 1, 2] buttons [REVERB] button
- Switch: [POWER] switch
- Display: Power indicator LED Octave indicator LED
- Connectors: DAMPER Pedal jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type FC1, FC2 Pedal jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type MIDI OUT connector USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type INPUT jacks (L, R): RCA Phono type PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Power Consumption: 4 W
- Accessories: Owner's Manual AC adaptor Power cord (for AC adaptor) Damper pedal (capable of continuous detection)
Size and Weight
- Width: 43-7/8 inches
- Depth: 10-3/4 inches
- Height: 4-10/16 inches
- Weight: 28 lbs. 4 oz.
Description$2,499.00 Add to cart
Professional Stage Piano with SuperNATURAL Piano Engine
Description$89.99 Add to cart
Expression and Control Pedal
Description$59.95 Add to cart
Double X-Brace Keyboard Stand-White
Description$44.00 Add to cart
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$22.95 Add to cart
Damper Pedal Switch-Black
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$15.99 Add to cart
10-Feet Pro Dual Cable 1/4-Inch TS to Same