The new Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 18-in/8-out interface extends the Scarlett range of USB 2.0 interfaces from Focusrite, each of which offers a series of high-quality inputs and outputs for different recording requirements. With four Focusrite mic pres, Scarlett 18i8 is designed for producers and recording artists or bands who require the ability to record a significant number of sources at the same time including multiple mics/instruments, with expansion capability enabling it to handle multiple studio recording requirements. Scarlett 18i8 works on Mac, PC and iPad (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for iPad).
Focusrite: Over 25 years of audio excellence
Focusrite was commissioned to make its first ‘no-holds-barred' microphone preamps by Sir George Martin for his Air Studio facility in London. Over the following 25 years Focusrite has designed some of the finest mic preamps in the music industry, and in recent years has developed a series of best-selling audio interfaces for people who really care about sound.
18 separate inputs
At the heart of 18i8 is a set of four Focusrite mic preamps with up to 60dB gain, designed specifically for Focusrite's computer audio interfaces. The first two offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS connectors while 3 and 4 offer Mic/Line capability on universal XLRs – all four on the front panel with pads and 48V phantom power. Four more line inputs are provided on TRS connectors. An ADAT optical digital connector provides eight additional digital inputs that can also be used with external mic preamps like Focusrite's OctoPre Mk II to increase the number of mic inputs the 18i8 can handle to 12. A stereo S/PDIF coaxial input is also included.
8 independent outputs
On the output side, there are two TRS monitor outputs, stereo S/PDIF coax, and two independent stereo headphone outputs, each with their own volume knob so artist and engineer can control their own personal monitoring. All analogue inputs and outputs have their own connectors, so no breakout cables are required, and all feature Focusrite precision 24-bit, 96kHz sampling A/D and D/A conversion to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of recording applications on Windows®, Mac® and now iOS® apps.
Tough and innovative hardware
Scarlett 18i8 is housed in a compact red unibody metal case to withstand the rigours of the road – and the studio. Input level controls feature signal halos – LED rings around the level control that give a simple and immediate go/no-go level indication: green means there is a recordable signal while red indicates overload. A large main monitor knob with mute button means that main monitor levels are always at your fingertips.
Included in the package is the Scarlett MixControl low-latency DSP-based software mixer and router, with intuitive one-click presets and a latency of under 1.4 ms. You'll also find the Scarlett plug-in suite for VST, AU and RTAS, offering EQ, gate, compression and reverb, plus Ableton Live Lite, the Novation Bass Station soft synth and a Loopmasters sample pack.
Now Includes Softube Time and Tone Pack Free Download here
Softube Time and Tone Pack is a unique plug-in bundle (valued at $198), which includes three of Softube's
world class plug-ins: a reverb, a delay and a distortion:
TSAR-1R: Add space, depth and width to your sound—TSAR-1R is a reverb plug-in with world class sound
and extreme ease of use. With a single slider, you can take TSAR-1R from realistic and three-dimensional
rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls.
Tube Delay: A tasty echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages.
Create anything from realistic room echoes to rockabilly style slapbacks—or take it all the way into dub
reggae echo madness.
Saturation Knob: Add grit and warmth to any sound source with this modeled output distortion unit. Use
it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop.
Simply turn up the knob to add saturation, and use the three-position switch to alter the distortion character.
- Four award-winning Focusrite mic pres: The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-years of design experience underpins this new interface with four award-winning preamps
- 18 inputs and 8 outputs: All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multi-track recording. No need for breakout cables - every analogue input & output has a dedicated socket
- Two independent headphone outputs each with a level control: With two fully independent headphone mixes the engineer and the artist can both listen to mix levels they need
- Rugged metal unibody chassis: Whether you are in the studio or on the road your Scarlett 18i8 will not only look great, but also withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig
- High quality 24bit 96KHz audio interface for Mac, PC and iPad: 18i8 features professional conversion technology guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization on Mac, PC and iPad (or any iOS device)
- Unique gain halos for safeguarding your levels: Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording. When the halos are green you have a good level, and when they turn red it means you need to turn the gain down.
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer and router: Scarlet MixControl provides an 18 x 8 DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets and lower than 1.4 ms latency
- Main monitor control with mute function: A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips – there is also a mute button to instantly silence your monitors
- Software bundle: Scarlett 18i8 comes with Ableton Live Lite, the Scarlett Plug-in Suite, the Novation Bass Station soft synth and Loopmasters sample content
- Mac: OS X 10.7 OS x 10.8
- PC: Windows 7 (all versions) Windows 8 (all versions apart from RT)
Description$699.00 Add to cart
Multi-Pattern Condenser Mic w/ Shockmount
Description$599.00 Add to cart
Variable Control Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Description$549.00 Add to cart
Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone w/ Shockmount & Case
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Pair of High-Definition 2-way 5.25 inch Near Field Studio Monitors
Description$43.95 Add to cart
Studio Microphone Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Pro Fiber Optic Cable, Toslink to Toslink