Tone Garage captures the pure essence of analog in these compact effect units by pairing carefully selected components with a unique design philosophy.
The V8 DISTORTION takes advantage of VOX's newly developed Hi-Volt technology and provide not only the warm tone expected from a tube but also the all important feel and dynamics.
High-gain distortion with awe-inspiring tone
As befits the name "V-type 8-cylinder," this is a high-gain distortion unit that boasts an awe-inspiring tone. In addition to distortion sounds that are ideal for heavy riffs or soloing, you can also obtain cutting high-gain lead sounds. It provides a mid-shift switch that lets you change the band where the mid-range peaks. Turning this off gives you a broad range with an emphasized attack. Turning it on will shift the band to be more suitable for lead playing.
Newly-developed Hi-Volt technology that overturns expectations for compact effect units
Hi-Volt technology enables the vacuum tube to operate at 200V while still running on a battery. This enables a true tube-driven sound that overturns your expectations for a compact effect unit.
What is Hi-Volt?
VOX has revealed a new vacuum tube circuit technology called Hi-Volt. It delivers high voltage (200V) to a 12AX7 vacuum tube by using 6x AA batteries or the DC9V power supply.
The discrete circuit works at 20V, which is still considered high voltage operation compared to other general effects products. The result is a natural and dynamic tone which is similar to that of a vacuum tube amplifier. Even though vacuum tubes are considered big by modern component size standards, our engineers were able to keep these pedals small, so you don't have to worry about them taking up too much space on your pedal board.
Gain control that lets you vary the character of your sound
The transistor amplification circuit has also received a good deal of consideration. We've designed the gain control so that adjusting its position does not simply change the amplitude, but will also change the tonal character in a subtle way. From zero to max, it yields an array of highly usable and natural distortion tones.
Carefully designed power supply circuit that extends vacuum tube lifespan
Since high current flows through a vacuum tube when the power is turned on, we have provided a heater current slow start circuit that extends the lifespan of the vacuum tube and also avoids malfunctions for the AC adapter.
MPN TG1V8DS 2 2
- Discrete circuitry - the result of a relentless design philosophy
- True bypass design provides tonal confidence even when the effect is off
- Tough die-cast body that stands up to the rigors of the road
- Newly developed Hi-Volt technology allows the tube to operate at 200V, even on battery power
- Gain control lets you adjust the tonal character
- Heater current's slow start circuit ensures vacuum tube longevity
- Controllable high-gain distortion that retains that retain the natural essence of your guitar
- Highly usable "Mid Shift" switch adds extra presences tonal definition
- Input impedance: 1M Ω
- Output impedance: 2.2k Ω
- Vacuum tube: ECC83 / 12AX7
- Connections: INPUT jack (guitar input), OUTPUT jack (line output)
- Power: AA battery x 6
- AC adapter: DC 9V (Option)
- Vacuum tube operating voltage: 200 V
- Consumption current: 240 mA
- Battery Life: Approximately 7 hours
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 87 x 132 x 63 / mm, 3.43 x 5.20 x 2.48 / inch
- Weight: 420 g / 14.81 oz (not including battery)
- Accessories: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC Adapter
Description$499.99 Add to cart
1x12 60W Stereo Programable Guitar Combo Amp w/ Effects
Description$39.99 Add to cart
18.6 Ft Tweed Instrument Cable
Description$29.95 Add to cart
2-Inch Deluxe Jacquard Guitar Strap w/ Leather Ends
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$12.95 Add to cart
Super-light gauge set - .009 - .042, nickel-plated steel. 3 sets
Description$7.95 Add to cart
1 foot Instrument Cable