The Zoom iQ5 is a high-quality mid-side stereo condenser mic, perfect for recording music and compact enough to be slipped into your pocket. Simply connect it to the Lightning connector of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and get ready to do some serious stereo recording any time, any place.
Use it vertically or use it horizontally
The iQ5 employs a unique rotating mechanism that enables audio recording with correct left-right stereo orientation whether used vertically or horizontally. Use it in standard "audio" position or simply rotate it to the "video" position in order to record video with the attached iPhone, iPad or iPod touch held horizontally.
Mid-side recording made easy
Mid-side recording makes it easy for anyone to record in realistic (and fully mono-compatible) stereo. The iQ5 actually contains two microphone elements: a directional "mid" mic that captures audio coming from in front and a bidirectional "side" mic that covers ambient signal. Stereo width can be set to 90° or 120° according to the recording situation, or you can opt to record the mid and side mic signals as RAW data and then use Zoom's Handy Recorder iOS app to adjust the stereo width from 30o to 150o. This allows you to go from a tight sound focused on a single instrument to a wide image that includes the surrounding ambience and reverberation. The app even allows you to collapse the signal into phase-coherent mono, which is great for interviews, narration and other voice recordings.
Precision gain control
The iQ5 makes it easy to get great sound no matter what kind of material you're recording. Its analog-type MIC GAIN wheel allows you to dial in the perfect amount of gain for any recording application. Or choose one of three Auto Gain presets (Concert / Solo / Meeting) to automatically set the recording level for any given situation. You can also use the iQ5's built-in Limiter to avoid input overloads.
Check your sound on headphones
The iQ5 has a dedicated headphone jack that enables direct monitoring during recording and playback.
The Handy Recorder App
Zoom's free Handy Recorder app is specially designed for use with the iQ5. Simply download it from the App Store and install it on your iOS devices. The app allows you to record in linear PCM format for the highest quality sound, or in AAC format to conserve storage space. It also enables you to apply compression, EQ and reverb effects, as well as normalize and divide files. Using the Handy Recorder app, you can even upload files to the SoundCloud audio sharing site, so you can immediately share your recording with the world.
The Handy Recorder app allows you to record in linear PCM (WAV) 16-bit/44.1kHz format for CD-quality audio that accurately captures the full subtlety of acoustic instruments and spaces. When you need to conserve storage space for long recordings, you can instead record in compressed AAC format for smaller file sizes and faster data transfer.
Effects to shape the sound
The Handy Recorder effects presets enable you to easily shape and control your sound. Add reverb for extra richness, or dynamics processing to give performances more punch. Six-band EQ enables full tonal control, and there's also a normalization feature that allows you to increase the volume of your recordings to the maximum possible level.
* "Made for iPod," "Made for iPhone," and "Made for iPad" mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, iPhone, or iPad may affect wireless performance.
* iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Microphone: Mid-side (M-S) stereo mic（90°/120°/M-S）
- Maximum input sound pressure: 120dB SPL
- Input gain: + 0 to + 40dB
- Audio quality: 44.1kHz/16bit
- Power: Powered by the connected iOS device
- The connected iPhone/iPod touch can be powered by connecting the genuine Apple power adapter that was included with it to the USB connector. (* iPad/iPad mini does not support this function.)
- Connector: Lightning connector
- USB Mini-B connector (only for recharging the connected iOS device)
- Stereo mini jack (combined headphone/line level output)
- Dimensions: 58.6（W） x 62.45（D） x 38.5（H）mm
- Weight: 30.5g
- Compatible devices: iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini
- Supported OS: iOS 6.0 or newer
Description$499.99 Add to cart
10x4 Thunderbolt Interface w/ 2-Clarett Preamps
Description$149.95 Add to cart
Stage Analog Preamp
Description$129.00 Add to cart
12 Inch Ambient Room Reflection Filter
Description$74.99 Add to cart
Stand Mount Holder for iPad 2 with Pivoting Mounting Surface and 7mm-30mm Stand Attachment - Black
Description$45.00 Add to cart
Desktop iPad Stand in Gray for ipad 2
Description$34.95 Add to cart
Pro Dynamic Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)