37-Key Remote Keyboard
Product Code 69133
Buy Today and Save $199.01 (22% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
It grabbed your attention on stage and never let go.A Keyboardist's performance tool that was both smart and sleek. Music may change with the times, but style and performance endure. Introducing the re-imagined KORG RK-100S
A keyboard that sets you free to perform
Appearing in 1984, the RK-100 remote keyboard broke the chains of keyboardists, setting them free to perform as they liked. With a stylish body available in four colors, it allowed the keyboard player to challenge the vocalist or guitarist for the main role on stage.
Now, thirty years later, the RK has been resurrected. Although beautiful curved surfaces have been added, the essence of the original and very popular design is unchanged. What had been a somewhat large and heavy body has been made more compact and lightweight thanks to modern components such as a slim keyboard. While the original required an external sound module, the new RK-100S contains a built-in analog modeling sound generator.
New features and functions include two ribbon controllers, an arpeggiator, and a vocoder, and there are also "favorite" buttons that allow you to register frequently-used sounds for one-touch selection. The RK-100S is your choice for smarter, more active, and more enjoyable performance.
Wooden body with a beautifully lustrous finish in your choice of three colors
The attraction of the RK lies in its beautiful body. The carefully made wooden body consciously reflects the design of a guitar, projecting a timeless coolness that creates varying impressions depending on your angle of view, and featuring a new and elegantly curvaceous design. It's available in three colors: red (RD), black (BK), and white (WH). Each color is painted with a gorgeous glossy finish that will draw all eyes on stage.
Two hundred built-in programs powered by analog modeling
The RK-100S provides a built-in sound engine that was not found on the original RK, meaning that you can perform simply by connecting an audio cable.
Its MMT sound engine provides not only the standard analog synthesizer waveforms such as sawtooth and square, but also additional oscillator algorithms such as formant waveforms, noise, and PCM, which power two hundred programs for a broad range of sounds that will cover any musical genre. These sounds can also be played using the arpeggiator.
37-note slim keyboard that's lightweight and easy to play
The keyboard of the RK-100S uses the 37-note slim keyboard also featured on the MS-20 mini. This allows the overall unit to be more compact and lightweight. MS-20 mini-style keys provide the perfect balance between size and playability.
Two ribbon controllers, short and long
Since the RK-100S is designed for active playing styles, it features two ribbon controllers: a short ribbon on the neck that can be manipulated with the left hand, and a long ribbon located in front of the keyboard that gives you a wide range of performance possibilities. The long ribbon controller can be used instead of the keyboard to play a freely specified range of pitches and scales, and can also be used to control the pitch or filter in dramatic ways.
Operates on six AA alkaline batteries
Since the RK-100S will operate on easily obtainable alkaline AA batteries or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride AA batteries, you can enjoy performing anywhere simply by plugging in a set of headphones or by connecting it to your amp with a standard cable. By using an AC adapter, you can play at home for as long as you like without being concerned with battery life, and use the PC editor to create your own sounds.
Mic/audio (dual-purpose) input jack, also usable with the vocoder function
The RK-100S provides a monaural mini-input jack that can also work with mic input. You can use a headset mic to enjoy vocoder performance, or connect your audio player and perform along with your favorite music.
Perform with an external sound module, and use the PC editor for detailed editing
Since the RK-100S is equipped with a MIDI output jack, it can be used to control an external sound module. There's also a USB port for connecting it to your computer, allowing you to control a PC sound module or use the PC editor to edit detailed MIDI settings and parameters of the internal sound engine.
MPN RK100SBK 0 0
- A keyboard that sets you free to perform Wooden body with a beautifully lustrous finish in your choice of three colors
- Two hundred analog-modeled programs are built-in
- 37-note slim keyboard that's lightweight and easy to play
- Two ribbon controllers, one short and one running the length of the keybed
- Mic/audio (dual-purpose) input jack, also usable with the vocoder function
- Operates on six AA alkaline batteries
- MIDI output jack lets you perform using an external sound module
- Use the PC editor for detailed sound program editing
- Color Variations: Red (RK-100S-RD), White (RK-100S-WH), Black (RK-100S-BK)
- Keyboard: 37-key (Slimkey, velocity sensitive, no after touch)
- Sound Generation System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (Maximum 4 voices when the vocoder is selected)
- Synth: 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Oscillator 1: Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT, NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Modulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Oscillator 2
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation: RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- Wave shaping: WS type: DRIVE, DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW, MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL BOOST
- Multi-mode filters: Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct LPF ~ HPF ~ BPF ~ Thru Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF F
- Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master effects x 2: 17 effect algorithm Master effects
- Arpeggiator: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types), Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs: 200 programs
- Audio Input/Output
- Input jack: Maximum input level: -34 dBu @ Input select switch (Mic-Hi / Mic-Lo / Line)
- Imput impedance: 14kΩ
- Connector Type: mono mini jack
- Output jack (Headphone, Stereo, Line out)
- Maximum output level:+4dBu@10kΩ load
- Output impedance: 1kΩ
- Connector type:φ6.3 mm, stereo phone jack
- MIDI: OUT
- USB: Type B
- Display: 7-segment LEDs, 3 digits
- Power Supply: Six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride), or Optional AC adapter (DC 9 V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 4 hours
- Dimensions: (W) x (D) x (H) 830 x 262 x 71 mm/32.68 x 10.32 x 2.80 inches
- Weight: 3.4 kg/ 7.50 lbs. (included batteries)
- Accessories: Manual, Strap, Soft Case, AA alkaline Batteries x6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC adapter
Description$549.00 Add to cart
16 x 14 Desktop Studio Interface
Description$329.00 Add to cart
RF-XVocal Booth & X1 Microphone and Accessories
Description$279.95 Add to cart
Beat Production Machine Software 15G
Description$249.00 Add to cart
Future Beat Machine Software
Description$199.00 Add to cart
Complete Music Production Software
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Controller & Sequencer Pad Controller
Description$69.95 Add to cart
2-in 1-out MIDI Merger