Effects Pedal with VCO, Envelope Control, Frequency and Waveform Controls, and Mix Controls
Product Code 70071
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The MF-107 FreqBox is different from other effects – the effected sound is not a processed version of your input signal, but the sound of the input signal modulating an internal oscillator. It contains a VCO with continuously variable waveshape, and the capacity to modulate that Oscillator in the following ways:
- the VCO can be hard synced by the input signal
- The VCO can be frequency modulated (FM) by the input signal
- The VCO frequency can be modulated by an envelope follower which tracks the dynamics of the input signal
- The Amplitude of the VCO also tracks the dynamics of the input signal
Hard sync is a classic analog synthesis technique where the start of an oscillator's cycle can be reset by another. The oscillator being synced takes on the frequency characteristics of the other oscillator, and when its frequency is swept, it reinforces the harmonics of the fundamental frequency. In the case of the FreqBox, the input signal is used to reset the FreqBox's VCO.
FM is a technique used to get really rich sounds from simple waveforms. The type of FM used in the FreqBox is linear FM. Sounds range from gong or bell-like tones to sizzly sweeps.
The FreqBox, like all moogerfoogers, works with any instrument to line-level input. In addition to the panel controls there are control inputs for use with expression pedals or control voltages and control outputs for interconnecting moogerfoogers like you would a modular synth.
The FreqBox can provide some really unusual processing to all types of signals – guitars, synths, drum sounds, vocals or wind instruments allowing you to enter previously unexplored sonic territory.
MPN: MF-107 WHITE
- The MF-107 Freq Box contains an analog VCO with continuously variable waveform which can be modulated by the audio input signal. Modulation of the VCO includes: hard sync, Frequency Modulation, and modulation of the VCO frequency by an envelope follower. The amplitude of the VCO is controlled by the amplitude of the input signal.
- Front Panel Controls:
- Frequency: sets the frequency of the VCO.
- Wave: Morphs the VCO waveform from Triangle to Sawtooth to Square to skinny pulse.
- Sync On/Off: Enables/ Disables Hard sync of the VCO by the audio input signal.
- Env. Amount: Sets the amount of modulation of the VCO frequency by the Envelope Follower.
- FM Amount: Sets the amount of frequency modulation of the VCO by the audio input signal.
- Mix: Sets the blend of input signal and VCO signal
- Drive: Sets the input sensitivity and gain of the effect when active. Half to full drive amount adds overdrive.
- Output level: Sets the output level of the effect when active.
- Bypass Switch: Bypass LED is red when effect is off, and green when effect is on. The MF-107 uses a high quality buffered bypass ' when in bypass, the input is disconnected from the effects' electronics.
- Input and output connections are on '' jacks.
- Audio Input: accepts instrument level to line level inputs.
- Freq: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or -5 to +5V Control Voltage to set the frequency of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Frequency control.
- Wave: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or -5 to +5V Control Voltage to set the waveform of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Wave control.
- Env. Amt: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the amount of envelope follower modulation of the VCO frequency. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Env. Amount control.
FM Amt: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the amount of frequency modulation of the VCO by the audio input. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel FM Amount control.
- Mix: Accepts EP-1 expression pedal, or 0 to +5V Control Voltage to set the waveform of the VCO. Input voltage is added to position of the front panel Mix control.
- Audio Out: Supplies the output signal.
- Env Out: Outputs the unconditioned Envelope Follower Control Voltage signal.
- Osc Out: Outputs the wave-shaped VCO signal as a +/-2.5V Control Voltage signal.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-125AC, 5W. 220AC 50Hz either European or UK style power adaptor available on special order.
Description$385.00 Add to cart
Moogerfooger Signal Control Processor
Description$179.99 Add to cart
Looper Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$44.95 Add to cart
Universal Polarity Expression Pedal
Description$34.95 Add to cart
Universal Volume / Control Pedal
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$14.95 Add to cart
Automatic Humidity Control System 3-Pack
Description$9.95 Add to cart
6 foot Instrument Cable
Description$8.95 Add to cart
3 foot Instrument Cable