The NT5 is RØDE's premier small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Expanding the NT5's versatility, an interchangeable omnidirectional capsule (NT45-O) is available.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT5 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT5 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle: Externally polarised single diaphragm condenser transducer
- Capsule Size: 0.5" (13mm)
- Active Electronics: JFET Impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Directional Response: Cardioid Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 v/Pa ± 2 dB equivalent to 12mV/Pa where 1 Pa = 94dBSPL
- Equivalent Noise: <16 dBSPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15)
- Maximum Output: +13.9 dBu @ 1 % THD into 1 k-Dynamic Range: >128 dB
- Maximum SPL: 143 dB @ 1 % THD into 1 k - Signal to Noise: 78dB
- Power Requirements: 4 mA, P48 Supply (38V-52V) 2 mA, P24 Supply (20V-26V) The microphone operates in accordance with the above specifications to a minimum of 18V. It will operate with some performance degradation below 18V)
- Packed Weight: 1.8kg (Mic only 100g)
- Includes: Case and Shock Mounts
Description$499.99 Add to cart
8-Channel Digital Live Sound Mixer with ipad Control
Description$369.00 Add to cart
Compact Condenser Microphone
Description$69.95 Add to cart
Stereo microphone adapter
Description$39.99 Add to cart
Sabra Pro T Mount - 2 mic stereo bar
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
25 Ft Pro Roadhog Mic Cable NTK - XLR
Description$19.95 Add to cart
25 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF