Wind MIDI/Synth Controller
Product Code 40565
Buy Today and Save $300.00 (30% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The Akai Professional EWI4000S is a newly designed electronic wind controller. This expressive musical instrument incorporates several improvements in the development of MIDI / Synth instrument capabilities.
The EWI4000S has many of the long sought after controls and functions that are necessary for expressive performance. While these benefits have been proven by its predecessors, the EWI offers these features at a much lower price. There are several improvements to the design as well, such as having a built-in sound module, direct MIDI IN and Out, and other updated operating functions. These features make playing the EWI4000S easier than any other electronic wind instrument.
With the sound module and the instrument integrated into one product, players no longer need to be tethered to a sound module. By using MIDI and audio wireless transceivers, EWI-4000S players can move freely on the stage as they play. The user can easily switch between programs on the EWI4000S directly with a dedicated Program selection button, or use the note keys to select stored patches.
The internal sounds of the EWI4000S are based on a virtual analog synth sound module that is very responsive to the player's nuance. With easily accessible controls for breath, vibrato, glide time, and bend width, users can adjust the settings of the EWI4000-S to their specific playing style. You can send multiple MIDI messages via breath control to send expression and aftertouch control messages.
The EWI4000S offers some new performance control features as well, such as the Octave Key. When you activate the Octave mode, you get an automatic doubling of notes one octave below the note you are playing. There is also a Hold Mode, which holds a note that you select- enabling you to solo around that note. This is the first EWI with sostenuto capability!
Besides being a great wind controller, you also get a first-rate synthesizer. The EWI4000S has new synthesis features that were not available on previous EWI's. The internal analog modeling synth has two voltage-controlled oscillators (sawtooth, triangle, square with pulse width waveforms) with individual volume control. The voltage-controlled filter has a feature that allows you to change from 2 to 4 pole filters.
- Touch sensitive keys and Octave roller for quick and responsive playing
- Sensitive breath sensor for expressive dynamics
- Built-in Analog Modeling Synth sound module
- Built-in MIDI output for use with sound modules
- PC and Mac Editor software for editing internal sounds
- Lightweight and Portable Design with Battery power
- Analog Modeling Synth
- Preset Sounds with two VCO + two VCF, Dual Voice Analog Modeling
- Basic direct editing capability on the EWI4000S. PC and Mac editing software included for extensive sound editing
- 2 Digit, 7 Segment LED Program Display
- Shows program number when the Program Change sensor is touched
- HOLD key for playing second note while sustaining first note
- 1/4" phone jack: unbalanced
- Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo jack
- MIDI Out x1, MIDI In x1
- AC Adaptor input
- Cable Holder to prevent cables from slipping off the EWI4000S during performance
- Battery powered using 4 AA batteries
- Optional AC Adaptor
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Bluetooth and USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 25 Backlit Keys
Description$69.95 Add to cart
Studio Microphone Cable Quad Conductor 25 feet
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)