MAxPACK Amplifier with 4 JBL Control 1ST Speakers
Product Code 41031
Buy Today and Save $478.05 (41% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The 180MAx is the first integrated tuner mixer-amplifier designed for commercial use. Applications include restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops and other commercial establishments.
The system includes the Crown 180MAx tuner-mixer-amplifier, four JBL Control 1ST 2-way miniature loudspeakers with built-in 25V/70V transformers, XM antenna, and a wireless remote control.
Built into the 180MAx is an XM Radio tuner that receives satellite radio stations with digital sound quality. A front-panel LCD screen displays XM Radio channel data (channel number, channel name, artist name, song title), 16 station presets and signal strength.
The unit also accepts signals from line, telephone, or microphone (phantom power included). Bass and treble controls allow the user to tailor the tone quality of the sound system. The priority ducking feature drops the volume of the background music when a microphone is used. A VOX sensitivity setting controls how loud the voice must be before ducking occurs. Units can be linked to increase the number of input and output channels.
The built-in power amplifier provides 80 watts into 4 ohms, 25V and 70V for use with the JBL Control 1ST loudspeakers. Current and thermal limiting protect the amplifier and loudpeakers from accidental overload.
180 MAx Amp Specifications:
- Frequency Reponse (at 1 watt from 4-ohm tap): 70Hz to 19kHz ±1dB.
- Frequency Response (at line out): 20Hz to 20kHz ±1dB
- Power Bandwidth (at 4-ohm tap, 2dB below maxium 1 kHz power): 50Hz to 20kHz with < 0.5% THD
- Signal to Noise Ratio (ref. to rated power, master volume at minimum): 85dB
- DC Output Offset: < ±5 mV
- THD: Less than 0.5% at rated power at 1 kHz.
Input Sensitivity (for full output at maximum gain):
- Balanced mic inputs: 3mV
- Balanced line inputs: 800mV
- RCA connectors: 400mV
- Isolated telephone input: 75 mV
Input Impedance (nominal):
- Mic: 400 ohms
- Line: 100 kilohms
- RCA: 50 kilohms
- Telephone: 600 ohms
- Crosstalk: 70dB at 1kHz
- Line Output Level (nominal): 1V into 10 kilohms
- Phantom Power: 15 VDC
- AC Line Voltages Available: 120V, 60 Hz. Line voltage tolerance +10%, 20%
- Operating Temperature/Humidity: 0ø C to 40ø C at 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage Temperature: 20ø C to 85ø C.
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Power Switch: Pushbutton on-off switch
- Input Volume Controls: Four detented potentiometers with knobs
- Input 1: Microphone/line (switchable)/telephone
- Inputs 2 and 3: Line
- Input 4: XM radio
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble non-detented recessed potentiometers on each input channel
- Bass ±10dB at 100Hz, Treble ±10dB at 10kHz
- XM Tuner Menu Button: Selects Direct, Preset, or Category mode.
- XM Tuner Category Buttons: Scrolls through categories (rock, classical, news, country, etc)
- XM Tuner Scroll Knob: Lets you scroll through channels and select them.
- XM Tuner Display: LCD screen displays XM channel data (channel number, channel name, artist name, song title), 16 station presets and signal strength
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates power on
- Input Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED illuminates when input signal exceeds 24 dBu (line) or 70 dBu (mic)
- Output Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED, illuminates when output signal level exceeds 100mV (45dB below full power) from the 4-ohm tap
- Clip Indicator: Red LED on output illuminates at threshold of audible distortion
- Output Volume Control: Detented potentiometer with knob
Back Panel Controls, Connectors and Indicators
- Reset Switch: Resets the circuit breaker that protects the power supply
- MOH 1V Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level for Music-On-Hold 1V output
- MOH 1W Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level for Music-On-hold 1W output
- MOH Signal Presence Indicator: Flashes when MOH signal is present
- MOH Source Switch: Switches between Input 3 or XM, and routes the source to MOH 1V Line Out and MOH 1W connectors
- MOH 1W Select Switch: Feeds 1W MOH signal either to amplifier output or internal speaker
- MOH 1V Line Output RCA Connectors: Two RCA connectors (mono) for 1-volt output (in parallel with 600-ohm connectors, so they are isolated)
- MOH 1W Line Output Connector: 3-pin Phoenix connector provides Music-On-Hold signal of approximately 1 watt
- 1 kHz Power 80W Minimum guaranteed power into 4 ohms or 25V/70V output 180MAx
*1 kHz Power: refers to maximum power in watts at 1 kHz with 0.5% THD.
- MOH 1V Line Output Phoenix Connector: 3-pin Phoenix connector, 600-ohm transformer-isolated output, provides music-on-hold signal of approximately 1 volt.
- Phantom Power Switch: Turns phantom power on or off for Input 1
- Mic/line Switch: Selects mic-level or line-level signal for Input 1
- Link In/Out Switch: Slide switch. When set to IN, any signal applied to the Amp Input connector will be mixed with the input signal(s); when set to OUT, only the signal from the Amp Input Connector will appear at the amplifier output.
- Amplifier Output Connectors: 4-position terminal strip with COM (Common), 4 ohms, 25V and 70V terminals. Accepts up to 10 AWG crimp-on terminal forks Non-touch cover included
- XM Radio Stereo Line Out Connector: Dual RCA jacks for stereo music out from XM Radio tuner
- Preamp Line Out Connector: 3-pin balanced
- Phoenix-type connector: Post master, pre-VCA
- Level controlled by master volume control
- Output VCA Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type connector for two VCA control lines of +10 VDC and ground
- Compatible with Crown 1-VCAP module
- Priority Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type connector for push-to-talk mic switch. Contact closure activates ducking. Ducking does not affect Music
- On-Hold outputs or XM stereo line out
- Active Indicator: LED illuminates when VOX ducking is active
- VOX Threshold: Trim pot adjusts how loud the voice must be before ducking occurs
-- Can be set for no ducking
- Priority Release Control: Trim pot adjusts release time of VOX ducking
- Mic/Line Input Connector (Input 1 only): 3-pin Phoenix-type, balanced.
- Line Input Connectors (Inputs 2 and 3 only): 3-pin Phoenix-type, balanced
- Dual RCA Input Connector: For stereo music signals, unbalanced, summed together, two connectors per input for inputs 1, 2 and 3
- TEL Input Connector: Transformer-isolated 600-ohm input, summed into Input 1 for paging from a telephone system
- Amp Input Connector: 3-pin Phoenix-type, high-impedance balanced. Used to link an additional mixer to the mixer-amplifier. Can be used to connect an external processor.
- AC Power Inlet: Detachable IEC.
- XM Radio Antenna Input: Connects to the XM antenna cable.
- Convection cooled
- Current Limit Protection: Included
- Thermal Limit Protection: Over-temperature thermal cutout
- DC-Fault Load Protection: Included
- Power cord
- Detachable rack ears
- Screws for rack ears
- Non-touch cover for output connectors
- Phoenix-type connectors
- Spade lugs
- XM antenna
- Remote control
- Crown offers a Three-Year, no-fault, fully transferable warranty for every new Crown tuner-mixer-amplifier
- 1-VCAP remote volume control
- Width (without rack ears): 17.3 in. (43.8 cm).
- Width (with rack ears): EIA Standard 19 in. W (EIA RS-310-B).
- Height (front panel): 3.5 in. (8.9 cm).
- Height (including feet): 4.1 in. (10.5 cm).
- Depth (front panel to back panel): 12.2 (31.0 cm).
- Depth (front of knobs to back of non-touch cover): 13.9 in.
- 20 lb (9.07 kg)
Description$799.00 Add to cart
700 watt Active 18 inch Subwoofer
Description$319.99 Add to cart
12-Channel 4-Bus Mixing Console with Effects and USB
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Adjustable Professional Equipment Cart-Medium
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Pro Air Powered Speaker Stand
Description$79.99 Add to cart
Pair of Tripod Speaker Stand with FREE Carrying Bag
Description$79.00 Add to cart
Pro Neo-dymium Dynamic Hand-Held Microphone
Description$39.95 Add to cart
30 foot Microphone Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)