The VRX918S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268H neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918S was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX932LA Line Array speaker and VRX-AF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918S subwoofers.
The system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918S is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100 lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL’s rugged DuraFlex™ finish and is heavily braced to maximize low-frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- System Type 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 31 Hz – 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB) 34 Hz – 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF, 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- Power Rating (Continuous / Program / Peak) 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Maximum SPL 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m) 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Mounting Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm (20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in)
Description$3,199.00 Add to cart
32 Input Digital Mixer w/ 4 FX Processors
Description$1,999.00 Add to cart
2100w Two Channel @ 4 ohms Power Amplifier
Description$369.99 Add to cart
Rolling Padded Sub Transporter for JBL VRX918S Stage Monitor
Description$129.95 Add to cart
100 foot Speaker Cable, 12 Gauge 1/4 inch to Speakon
Description$64.95 Add to cart
50 foot Speaker Cable, 14 Gauge Speakon to Speakon
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)