Countryman’s Type 85 direct box connects any high impedance instrument, even piezo pickups to a balanced mic input while providing a strong, clean signal to the mix board without adding noise or distortion.
The Type 85 uses only hand selected, high-quality discrete components woven into a single ended, class-A circuit - much like a classic tube mic preamp! The sound? Smooth and sweet. Ultra rugged and ready for the road, we’ve heard stories of engineers running over their Type 85 with a truck and then using it in a gig the same day! Another stand-out feature is the fact that the Type 85 can always isolate ground, even when running on Phantom power, eleminating unwanted hum and buzz.
- Pickup mode: 10,000,000 ohms, 10 times the input resistance of a typical guitar amplifier
- Speaker mode: 10k ohms
- Input Capacitance: 60 Picofarads, equal to two feet of low capacitance guitar cable.
Maximum Input Level:
- Pickup mode: 5 Volts P-P
- Speaker mode: 300 Volts P-P, Equal to 2,800 watts into 4 ohms.
- Input Protection: 220 Volts RMS and 20,000 Volt static discharges.
- Voltage Gain: Pickup mode: -10dB (Speaker mode: -46 dB)
- Noise (shorted input): .63uV RMS (-122 dBu) 50Hz to 15 kHz.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ± 1dB
- Distortion: 0.018% THD @ 1kHz and 1 V P-P in (0.08% IMD 10kHz/60Hz 1 V P-P in)
- R.F. Filtering: 250 kHz Low Pass on input (30kHz Low Pass on output)
- Power Requirements: 48 V @ 0.4 ma Phantom or 9 V battery
- Dimensions: 1.75 in. x 3 in. x 5 in. (45 mm) x (77 mm) x (127 mm)
Description$119.95 Add to cart
2 Channel Direct Box
Description$79.95 Add to cart
Low Level Microphone Stand & Boom
Description$65.75 Add to cart
Removes AC/line hum from guitar/recording systems.
Description$65.00 Add to cart
2 Channel Level Converter
Description$39.95 Add to cart
Extra Long Telescoping Boom
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$14.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable, 1/4 inch Straight to 1/4 inch Right-angle