Flanging first came into popularity in the 1960's. The effect was produced by slowing down playback of a recorded track by dragging a finger against the tape-reel "flange" to delay the signal. When this altered track was played back against the original the resulting peaks and notches in the frequency spectrum produced the signature "swoosh" we now know so well. Later the effect was duplicated using analog bucket brigade IC's and now, of course, with digital electronics. However, nothing has quite captured the sound of those old tape reels being slowed down and sped up.
Nothing until the Guyatone Fl-3 Flanger, that is. With a circuit based around the Panasonic MN3207 analog IC chip (now out of production), the FL-3 offers all the warmth and range of the original tape flanging effects without the need for multi-track tape machines. In addition the FL-3 offers an interesting twist: An asymmetrical sweep pattern that adds a more "human" feel to the flanging effect. The FL-3's sweep speed is slower going up to the peak frequency and faster coming off, giving it a slightly uneven, "whiplash" type effect unlike any other Flanger pedal.
The FL-3 also has a 3-position Resonance switch that adjusts the intensity of the flanging effect. In Position I rich chorus and vibrato effects can be attained by adjusting the Rate and Depth controls. Position II provides a warm, full-bandwidth flange while position 3 offers the radical, thick, jet-like sweeps that made this effect famous.
If you've been searching for unique new sounds, the FL-3 offers some new twists on an old favorite.
MPN FL3 1 1
- Input Impedance: 470K ohm
- Input Jack: 1/4 Inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Output Jack: 1/4 Inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Controls: RATE, RESONANCE, DEPTH
- Switch: NORMAL/EFFECT
- Max Input Level: 1V
- Delay Time: 0.2 - 2m/sec
- Speed Frequency 0.1 - 10Hz
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery or special AC Adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9V (Battery) / DC9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 15 mA
- AC Adaptor: Guyatone AC2 (optional) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA (Center -/Sleeve +)
- Dimensions: 2.75" W x 3.875" L x 1.5" H
- Weight (w/o battery): 7.6 oz
- Accessories: 9V Manganese dry cell battery, User's Manual, Warranty Card
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$39.95 Add to cart
Deluxe Digital Power All System
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Tubular Single Guitar Stand
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable