2x2 USB Audio Interface
Product Code 43735
Buy Today and Save $60.95 (34% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Capture your ideas wherever you are with the PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 USB recording system. The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface featuring 2 microphone/instrument inputs with 48V phantom power, 2 balanced TRS outputs, and MIDI in/out.
The AudioBox USB is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
PreSonus Audio has won numerous awards for designing the highest quality microphone preamplifiers in the industry at all price levels. The AudioBox USB is loaded with preamps that out perform any USB-based interface hands down. The preamplifiers in the AudioBox deliver high headroom, low noise and high gain giving you pure, full and rich sound.
Most USB recording devices operate at 16-bit sample rate and use converters with dynamic range of less than 90dB. This translates into a pinched and relatively small sound. The AudioBox USB uses professional-grade analog to digital converters with dynamic range of 102dB and 24-bit sample rate so that the digital conversion is big, quiet and musical.
The AudioBox USB is USB bus-powered allowing you to take it anywhere inspiration hits. No wall warts, line lumps or power cables, just plug in to a powered USB port and you are ready to record.
There's no plastic here. The AudioBox USB is housed in an all-metal chassis with metal knobs ready to withstand the rigors of travel. Toss it in your laptop bag and mobilize your music creation and production. Whether you want to record your shows, mix on the plane or write songs in your hotel room, the AudioBox is ready.
Studio One Artist—Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The AudioBox USB is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine
- Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Ability to control the software mixer in any FireStudio-series interface to create zero-latency cue mixes.
- Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
- 24-bit / 44.1, 48k USB audio recording interface
- 2 class A XMAX microphone / instrument preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced TRS outputs
- MIDI input/output
- Powered via USB
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB): 14 Hz to 70 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 Ω
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- EIN (A-weighted, 55dB Gain, 150 Ω Input, 20Hz to 22 kHz): -115 dBu
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: 1/4"
- TRS Female Unbalanced Input Impedance: 0.5 M Ω
- Type: 1/4" TRS
- Balanced Output Impedance: 51 Ω
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60 Ω Load
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB): 20 Hz – 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (Awtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 102 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (Awtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 110 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0dBFS: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48
- Power: USB Bus-powered
- Package Type: 1/3U - steel chassis
- Dimensions: 5.5(W) X 5.5(H) X 1.75(D) inches
- Weight: 5.0lbs
Computer system requirements:
- Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later (10.5.2 or later or 10.6 recommended)
- PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Macintosh Systems
- USB 1.1 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
Description$549.00 Add to cart
16 x 14 Desktop Studio Interface
Description$269.99 Add to cart
12-ch Analog Mixer with 4 Onyx Mic Preamps, 4 x Stereo Channels, 2 x Aux Sends Per Channel, and 4 x Channel Inserts
Description$229.99 Add to cart
Multi Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Description$225.00 Add to cart
Pair of High-Definition 2-way 5.25 inch Near Field Studio Monitors
Description$199.00 Add to cart
Pair of High-Definition 2-way 4.5 inch Near Field Studio Monitors
Description$149.99 Add to cart
4-Inch 50-watt Studio-Quality Multimedia Monitors
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)