Boundary Layer Recording Microphone
Product Code 44486
Buy Today and Save $50.00 (13% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The C 542 BL is a high-quality boundary microphone designed to deliver superior results for a multitude of recording applications. The boundary layer technique is well-known for recording and offers non-directional pickup that is frequency independent.
Succeeding the proven C 562 BL, the C 542 BL is small, lightweight and easy to place. no stand is needed. Since the transducer sits in a metal plate only 5 mm (0.2 in) thick, the plate doesn’t interfere with or color the sound. Frequency response is very uniform within its hemisphere and it captures the "room sound" of an instrument very accurately.
The C 542 BL can be permanently attached to the floor or wall of a studio using the screw holes in the plate or attached temporarily using the supplied adhesive compound. Its 3-pin output connector also has a switchable bass-cut filter to minimize surface-born noise.
Easy to use and sonically versatile, the C 542 BL is a great addition to the ’mic locker’ of any studio.
MPN: C 542 BL
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional (hemispherical)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 130 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3): 26 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Bass filter: switchable flat or 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Impedance: <600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2.000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
- Current consumption: <2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: dark gray
- Net weight: 56 g (2 oz.) (without cable)
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Miniature Unidirectional Condenser Boundary Microphone
Description$89.00 Add to cart
Classic Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
Description$69.95 Add to cart
Studio Microphone Cable Quad Conductor 25 feet
Description$34.95 Add to cart
25 ft. Swivel XLR Microphone Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$21.95 Add to cart
25 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF
Description$10.95 Add to cart
20 Foot Standard XLR Cable