Although the SCS.1m is in some ways a "mixer," it's more appropriately called a mix controller. Designed in an intuitive DJ mixer format that should be instantly familiar to anyone who's ever stepped behind the decks, the SCS.1m features four channel strips with faders, EQ controls, and high-precision metering, as well as a responsive crossfader, and a straightforward Cue / Monitoring section. The surface layout has been carefully designed so that any experienced DJ can simply step up and begin basic mixing within seconds. The difference, of course, is that tweaking an EQ knob or channel fader, for example, is not actually adjusting analog audio — it's controlling the corresponding EQ or level parameter in your DJ software.
The SCS.1m controls your DJ software and sends/receives audio to Mac or PC via its onboard, studio-quality FireWire connection. FireWire allows a simple, single-cable connection, with all the bandwidth required to handle just about any mixing and controlling task you're likely to need. It also ensures ultra-low latency (delay) of only 1.5ms and high sampling rates (sound quality) of up to 24 bit / 96 kHz. This translates into lightning-fast responsiveness and sound quality that's far beyond competing mix control products.
Beyond basic mixing and control, the SCS.1m makes a radical departure from traditional mixers via four rotary encoders ("virtual knobs") with LED rings and corresponding LCD "scribble strips." These fully assignable encoders can be mapped directly into functions in the DJ software while providing visual feedback of knob position, even in low-light settings. Underneath, the LCD scribble strips confirm the software parameter being adjusted by each encoder, without the need to check your laptop. Of course, common assignments for these encoders can be saved as presets for fast recall.
Although designed primarily as a software control surface, the SC System provides DJs with the ability to connect a "real" turntable or CD player into their Macs or PCs via a switchable Aux input. This input is useful for mixing "real world" sources along with your software, and for sampling or archiving vinyl and other audio into your computer.
Unlike other DJ control surfaces, the SCS.1m Mix Controller and SCS.1d Deck offer truly professional, "no-compromise" build quality. Every knob, fader, LED and LCD is of utmost quality, and even the chassis is designed for years of real-world use in demanding live and studio environments.
- The world's premier mixer control surface for laptop DJs and remixers
- Familiar 4-channel design with intuitive high-precision metering
- Assignable Encoder section with 360 degrees of LED feedback
- LCD "scribble strips" for two-way communication with selected DJ software
- Easy controller mapping into popular DJ and VJ software
- Navigation section for remote browsing through playlists
- Mic and Phono / Line input for sampling, archiving vinyl, and remixing
- Built-in FireWire connections with full Mac and Windows compatibility
- Perfect as a standalone mix controller, or in combination with SCS.1d deck
- Balanced, studio-quality TRS output for mains; RCA booth output and 1/4" headphones output
- Unique footswitch input enabling hands-free control of software parameters
Description$599.00 Add to cart
MIDI Deck Control Surface w/ Motorized Platter
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Music Production Software - Multi-Track Audio Recording with Sound Library
Description$199.95 Add to cart
ProSeries Headphone Closed back
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Ableton Live Controller with 64 RGB Backlit Pads
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)