6-string Electric Guitar with Case
Product Code 44747
Buy Today and Save $1,299.01 (32% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
From Eddie Van Halen comes an all-new guitar—the Wolfgang—representing over 35 years of cumulative EVH experience and expertise in guitar design. The process undertaken to develop the Wolfgang took over two years of intense trial-and-error research. The formidable task yielded a series of prototypes that endured a full year of brutal in-concert road testing by Eddie on Van Halen's triumphant 2007-2008 world tour. The result is a bulletproof and beautiful tonal giant of a guitar that takes whatever you can dish out and then asks for more.
As the VH tour kicked off in the fall 2007, Eddie pushed every aspect of the Wolfgang's performance capabilities to the absolute limit, playing various Wolfgang prototypes every night on virtually every song. As the tour roared along, Eddie changed and adjusted components and specs until he was satisfied with the Wolfgang's sound, feel and looks. To prove that it was battle-worthy and could survive the road, performance data was collected from every gig for months and months to establish and confirm consistency and durability.
This is what makes the Wolfgang the culmination of Eddie Van Halen's endless pursuit of outstanding tone, durability and consistency. The EVH Wolfgang guitar is built to his exact specs and has every single feature of the Wolfgang guitars he himself plays onstage and in the studio. It's exactly what he uses.
"Everything that I've built, destroyed, stumbled onto, learned and experienced is in this guitar," Eddie Van Halen said. "Every aspect and component of this guitar has been examined and upgraded to the highest standards possible—stainless steel frets, double-potted custom-wound pickups, five-piece binding on the matching body and headstock, custom-made signature tuning machines and Floyd Rose® bridge, new low-friction pots, and the list keeps going. We left no stone unturned."
MPN 5107900885 0 0
- BODY: Basswood core, 1 1/2" thick; Arched 1/2" thick AA Maple top
- NECK: Quartersawn maple
- FINGERBOARD: Fingerboard AA birdseye maple Compound radius 12" to 16"
- FRETS: 22, Stainless steel frets, vintage size
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- NUT: Floyd Rose® #2 locking nut, 1.625" (41.2 mm)
- NUT WIDTH: 1 5/8"
- HARDWARE: Chrome
- TUNING KEYS: EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines, chrome w/ pearloid buttons
- BRIDGE: EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo
- Neck: EVH® humbucking pickup
- Middle: N/A
- Bridge: EVH® humbucking pickup
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-way switch
- CONTROLS: 2 Bourns® low-friction pots (1x250k, 1x500k)
- INCL. ACCESSORIES: Case: SKB® Case with molded stripes
- Hard mount pickups
- Magna Coatings paint
- 2 Graphite neck reinforcement rods
- Schaller® chrome string retainer
- EVH® D-Tuna
- Square jack plate
Description$169.00 Add to cart
SansAmp Character Series Pedal
Description$159.95 Add to cart
Hard Shell Square Electric Bass Case
Description$119.00 Add to cart
Multiwave Bass Distortion Effects Pedal
Description$24.99 Add to cart
18ft 20GA Cable Gold 1/4M-1/4M
Description$18.95 Add to cart
Roundwound 50-107 - 4 String Bass Set
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Tubular Single Guitar Stand