Digital Audio Midi Workstation Software
Product Code 44973
Buy Today and Save $170.00 (46% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
SONAR 8.5 Studio gives you what you need for recording, composing, editing, mixing, and mastering. Get innovations that matter, from exclusive features to ignite creativity and perfect your tracks, to groundbreaking technologies that always keep you in control, all backed by the industry’s leading 64-bit audio quality. And SONAR 8.5 Producer delivers the go-to production tools you want with the best collection of virtual instruments, mixing, and mastering effects found in any DAW.
With version 8.5, SONAR continues to innovate on all fronts. New beat creating and arrangement tools, a new drum instrument loaded with stellar kits, enhanced audio quantizing, new multi-stage effect plug-ins, and more combine together to make SONAR the most complete, most professional, and best sounding DAW on any platform.
- SONAR 8.5 is the digital audio workstation that offers one-of-a-kind music creation tools to help you right from the start of the production process. Whether you are searching for new ideas or looking to add musical parts to existing songs, SONAR 8.5 can help you break through those creative blocks.
- Step Sequencer 2.0 lets you create drum tracks, beats, bass, and synth lines with a click of the mouse. Save time with a convenient auto-populate feature for common rhythmic patterns. Don't settle for robotic, step-sequenced parts—the exclusive Per-step Probability feature lets you add automatic variations. Make your sequences even more exciting with nuances like flam, swing, and time-offset.
- Use the new per-track Arpeggiator to create new sections for your songs, breathe life into stale chord progressions, and discover new musical lines and hooks. With one key click you can experience sweeping staccato parts, chord strums, and lightning-fast runs to add new layers of sound to your productions.
- Rapture LE is a special version of the award- winning Rapture synthesizer. It includes over 200 programs & hundreds of oscillator shapes. Quickly load production-ready patches from growling leads to bumpin' basses and spacious pads - ideal for today's pop, dance, and electronic music.
- Media Browser lets you browse and preview audio and MIDI groove clips and patterns. Quickly build backing tracks for your song and preview MIDI with the virtual instrument of your choice.
- SONAR 8.5 provides the most comprehensive recording features of any DAW on the market today. It's designed to meet the needs of even the most demanding professional—whether recording a solo performance, a band, or even an orchestra.
- Track Templates make it easy to get your project started. SONAR includes a variety of templates for audio, virtual instrument tracks, and even entire projects. Save your own templates and recall them instantly any time you need that sound.
- Recording without limits—unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI mean you can create to your heart's content. Record your whole band, mic each individual component of a drum kit, even record an entire orchestra using a multi-channel audio interface.
- Loop Recording—record until you get the part perfect, try out different parts for your project, and play them back later—all hands free.
- Pure power—SONAR pioneered support for multicore and multiprocessor computers, Windows Vista, and x64 processing, and now version 8.5 is the first DAW for Windows 7. SONAR is optimized for high track count/low latency performance and a more responsive user experience, with version 8.5 we’ve further enhanced performance on x64 operating systems, and improved performance while recording and looping.
- SONAR 8.5 offers precision editing tools you won't find in any other DAW. Whether you're editing audio or MIDI, it's easy to make pinpoint edits and fix issues you didn't think were possible.
- AudioSnap 2.0: An innovative tool that makes audio timing issues a thing of the past. Perfect for musicians of any skill level, a super-friendly interface lets you easily correct drum and instrument timing, create remixes, and more. Set any audio to the tempo of your project, or change the tempo or timing of all the audio in your project – all while retaining phase coherency and superior audio quality.
- Roland V-Vocal 1.5: Perfect vocals – on pitch and in time. More than just pitch control, V-Vocal also gives you control over timing, dynamics, vibrato, and formant. With just a couple of clicks you can achieve natural sounding vocals with simple pitch correction, or crank up V-Vocal to achieve the robotic vocals heard on today’s popular Hip Hop and R n’ B hits.
- Smart MIDI Tools revolutionize MIDI editing by providing you with a powerful and customizable workflow innovation. Three tools can each be configured to perform multiple operations, saving you valuable time.
- Comping in SONAR is a breeze with powerful tools that take the headache out of getting the perfect take. Easily select the best performance from multiple takes and piece it together to sound like one flawless track.
- SONAR 8.5 gives you deep control over the look and feel of SONAR, virtual instruments, mixing, and includes innovative breakthroughs like Active Controller Technology.
- Synth Rack—SONAR includes a Synth Rack for easy access to all the virtual instruments in your project. Easily manage all the instruments in your project through one simple view.
- Active Controller Technology (ACT)—Get instant hands-on control of all your instruments and effects using ACT. Grab the knobs and sliders of your MIDI controller and know that they're going to control your favorite parameters on every instrument and effect you happen to be using in SONAR—just the way you want. Setup can be automatic or custom and either way it’s as simple as pushing a button and twisting controls. ACT takes care of the rest.
With templates for most MIDI controllers and surfaces, ACT takes the guesswork out of mapping parameters by automatically doing it for you in the most logical and commonly used way. You can also customize ACT for your own workflow—just press the ACT button and twist knob or push a slider to assign parameters to your controller or surface.
You can even set controls for each individual effect and instrument. SONAR automatically remembers which knobs and sliders control what functions and automatically remaps them for whatever you have on screen in front of you. You can also lock certain controls to always be accessed no matter what’s up on screen.
Additionally, you can use ACT to take control of the console view and mix your projects. Best of all ACT works with the MIDI Controller or control surface you already own, whether it's an Edirol PCR series, a VS-700C, or any popular MIDI device. It’s that easy to get full control of SONAR using ACT.
- MIDI Controllers—easily add popular MIDI controllers including the Edirol PCR series for serious control of your virtual instruments. Even use ACT to mix your project via a MIDI controller.
- Control Surfaces—SONAR supports popular control surfaces including those from Edirol, Mackie, Euphonix, and Frontier Design. Enjoy the best control surface support in the industry.
- For the ultimate in SONAR control, check out the SONAR VS-700C. Available Separately
- Control your Project—Keep your projects organized and your screen clean. Track folders are perfect for organizing groups of tracks such as drums or strings which can take up screen space. Know information about each trackt at a glance with Track Icons. Get around large projects fast with the Navigator View.
- Control SONAR—Make SONAR your own with complete global customization. Create your own keystrokes, Track Templates, UI appearance, color schemes, plug-in layouts, and more.
- SONAR 8.5 offers the perfect mixing environment for any professional engineer. SONAR's industry-first, end-to-end, 64-bit double precision floating point mix engine allows you to mix with sonic clarity using a suite of versatile effects, powerful mixing tools, and endless routing possibilities.
- Channel Tools provides easy and powerful zero-latency channel processing for adjusting L/R channel placement, gain, pan/width, and phase; sample delay for precision timing adjustment of L/R channels in recordings; Automatic Mid-Side decoding of imported Mid-Side recorded material. Channel Tools can also provide a widening or narrowing effect to stereo recordings through adjustments to mid-side gain.
- External hardware support allows you to use hardware gear right in SONAR. Tracks stay tight with automatic plug-in delay compensation for external and internal plug-ins. Perfect for outboard gear, stomp boxes, and more.
- Console View Configurable Console—control volume, EQ, sends, pan, and much more just like a hardware mixer. You can also easily integrate most popular Control Surfaces or MIDI controllers.
- 64-bit audio mix engine means you are mixing with the best audio quality in the industry today. Best of all, you can take advantage of this audio engine on both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs giving you unmatched audio quality with spacious amounts of headroom and footroom through extended dynamic range. SONAR 8.5 also features native support for 64-bit floating point audio files, allowing you to import, stream, and render tracks and mixes at the highest quality available in the industry.
- Universal Bus Architecture—Take advantage of SONAR's infinitely flexible Universal Bus Architecture with unlimited sends, busses, and routing possibilities make organizing, grouping and mixing your projects simpler.
- SONAR 8.5 allows you to deliver the final polish to your tracks with high-end effects that were designed specifically for the task of mastering.
- Boost 11 is a peak limiter that gives your final mix maximum volume and punch. With Boost 11's simple interface, you'll have your songs radio- and duplication-ready in no time at all.
- TL-64 Tube Leveler is a line driver/ leveling processor with advanced analog vacuum-tube circuit modeling algorithm. Add the unique qualities of tube color and warmth found in classic recordings. SONAR 8 Producer Exclusive
- 64-bit Mastering is a reality in SONAR with end-to-end 64-bit audio from native 64-bit audio files, tracks, busses, mastering effect inserts, to file export, your audio always retains its sonic integrity.
Collaborate & Deliver
- SONAR 8.5 offers various options for collaborating with other studios as well as delivering to virtually any format including CD, video, surround, and even the web.
- Flexible Import/Export—SONAR has you covered: AIF, Broadcast WAV, FLAC, SD2 (Sound Designer II), QuickTime video, and many other audio & video file formats. Save time with flexible export options and faster than real-time rendering. Use presets in the Export options section to deliver files in virtually any format: stems, mixes, bounces, and more.
- Collaborate with studios and musicians using DAWs like Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, and more—regardless if they are using a PC or Mac. Simply export your project as an OMF or Broadcast WAV files.
- Share your music—finish a project and immediately burn CDs or upload your music to the web. SONAR includes integrated CD ripping and burning, and Cakewalk Publisher to create streaming flash players to post on the Internet.
SONAR 8.5 Producer includes the best collection of included virtual instruments found in any DAW. Whether you're looking for acoustic or electric instrument sounds, emulations of classic gear, modern synthesized tones, drums, or a groovebox, you need to look no further than SONAR 8.5. You may be surprised to find that some of these included plug-ins would cost hundreds of dollars if purchased separately.
- LE version based on the award-winning Rapture wavetable synthesizer
- Searing synthesized sounds, leads, basses, pads, sequences, and more
- Nearly 200 patch presets, expandable
- 16 channel multi-timbral GM2 instrument
- Keys, horns, strings, guitars, drums, more
- 256 patch presets, 9 drum kits
- Drag and Drop Sampler, REX editor
- Bass, piano, pads, drums, vocals, REX-format loops, and more
- Nearly 300 MB of programs, REX files, and multisamples
- Warm, Retro analog sounds
- Limitless parameter control
- Include Voice Modulator
- Subtractive synthesizer
- Bass, leads, pads, more
- 8 banks with 550+ patches
- Groove synthesizer
- Genuine Roland® synths and beat boxes including the legendary 808 and 909 sounds
- 30 different instrument categories
- REX loops/sample player
- Programming and sampling drums and other pattern/groove based content
- Over 250 MB of REX loops included
- SFZ SoundFont sampler
- High Quality band limiting sample-playback engine for SF2 files
- 256 voices of polyphony, unlimited layers per voice
- 16-pad looping/performance instrument
- Great for layering and triggering audio clips and creating beats and grooves
- 4 GB of custom-designed loop construction kits
- 16-pad groove sampler
- Perfect for drums and other loop-based music
- Load, edit, and trigger your own Groove Clips and ACID®-format loops
- Classic Analog modelling
- Easily create new patches with "Randomize" function
Session Drummer 2 (Studio Only)
- Drum and Percussion Sequencer
- Programming multi-layered, realistic drum parts either a la carte or using included patterns
- 4 kits with over 55 drum presets in varying styles: Rock, Swing, Shuffle, Reggae, more
Dimension LE (Studio Only)
- 400 included programs
- Complete automation of al parameters
- Ability to load and trigger REX files in each Element
Description$499.99 Add to cart
Eight Premium Mic Preamp Pro USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Description$29.99 Add to cart
Compact Closed-Back Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)