This DVD features in-studio footage of Neil discussing, in detail, his approach to soloing. Using a solo recorded in September, 2004 in Frankfurt, Germany, as a framework, Neil talks about each segment of this nine-minute tour de force that is a highlight of each Rush performance.
Also included are:
- Two “explorations” -- completely improvised workouts at the drums, each over thirty-minutes long; a never-before-released solo recorded in Hamburg, Germany in September, 2004 ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger")
- “O Baterista”, Neil’s Grammy® Award-nominated solo (from Rush in Rio)
- Two full Rush performances from Frankfurt ‘04, shown entirely from the perspective of the drum cameras
- Interviews with Lorne Wheaton, Neil’s drum tech, and Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer
- A full-color booklet, a photo gallery and more.
- Alternate Edits-During parts of Neil’s analysis of “Der Trommler,” the viewer can choose between two different edits, one with related playing examples in full screen and one with Neil in view while the playing example is shown in a separate inset. These spots are identified by an on-screen icon.
- Audio-only Bonus Tracks, “Momo’s Dance Party” and “Pieces of Eight,” composed and performed by Neil,on marimba, that can be accessed at various points in the program.
- Bonus Footage:
- A previously unreleased solo from the Rush Counterparts tour recorded March 27, 1994 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.
- Camera-Option---During Neil’s performance of “Der Tommler”, the viewer can choose between the program edit and two, isolated cameras, for different views.
- Two Rush performances (“Tom Sawyer” and “Subdivisions”) recorded Frankfurt, September, 2004 from the perspective of the drum cameras.
- Photo Gallery
- Running Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- Number of Discs: 2
Description$26.95 Add to cart
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$14.95 Add to cart
Revolution Drum Key
Description$9.49 Add to cart
Adrian Young Artist Series Drumsticks