Like all Zoom recorders, the H1's onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern for stunning stereo imaging. Because both mics are arranged on the same axis, they are equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. The result is great stereo recordings with natural depth and accurate imaging.
The H1's built-in directional microphones focus on the sound being recorded. Unlike omnidirectional microphones, which pick up sound all around indiscriminately, the H1 mics ignore the unwanted noise behind them.
The high-quality built-in preamp can be set to a recording level from 1 and 100. Set the recording level based on your specific needs. You can record anything from subtle nature sounds to a thunderous rock band. You can also achieve clear, undistorted recordings by enabling the AUTO LEVEL function.
The H1 can record linear PCM (WAV) files at 24-bit/96 kHz, which far exceeds CD quality, allowing the delicate reverberations of natural sounds and acoustic instruments to be recorded faithfully. The H1 can also record in MP3 format to maximize the recording time. These formats are perfect for the web posting or e-mailing to your fans.
Using compact and readily-available microSD cards as recording media, you can use up to a 32 GB microSDHC card to record about 50 hours of audio in 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV format or 555 hours in 128 kbps MP3 format.
Use the onboard low-cut filter to reduce unwanted background noise and focus the recording. This is ideal for interviews and recording outdoors. Use the optional windscreen to further reduce noise.
The H1's stereo microphone input jack can provide plug-in power, allowing you to utilize additional mics as needed for your specific application and situation. Moreover, this jack accepts stereo line-level inputs to be used in capturing audio from cassette decks, record players and other analog sources.
Because it records in Broadcast Wave Format (BWF), the H1 is ideal for journalists and other media professionals. Each recording is stamped with the date and time of its creation and up to 99 track markers or cue points can be added. These functions make managing and editing recordings a breeze.
Use the built-in reference speaker to check the results of your recordings right away without the need for headphones. This reference speaker makes selecting a recorded file easy. Its backlit liquid crystal display allows you to check recording levels and other functions, including recording time, battery level and other information.
Since it meets Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specifications, the H1 can quickly transfer files to any Mac or PC computer. Once your recordings have been transferred on to your computer, you can edit them in DAW software, create original CDs, post them on your social media sites and send files by e-mail.
The H1 has dedicated control buttons for setting the recording format, activating the low-cut filter and implementing automatic level adjustment. The menu-free, streamlined design of the H1 makes it easy to use right from the start.
The compact, lightweight H1 is perfect for use on a video or DSLR camera. The remarkable depth and clarity of sound achieved by the stereo X/Y mic design brings additional realism and depth to HD video. By combining the H1 with a DSLR video camera, you can create a professional video system with high-quality sound.
10 hours of continuous recording can be attained with a single AA alkaline battery. With the optional AC adapter, you can record for prolonged periods of time without worrying about the battery level. The H1 can also operate on USB bus power when the card reader function is activated.
Now Zoom recording technology is available to everyone. And with an infinite variety of applications, you'll want to take your H1 everywhere. From musical performances, songwriting sessions and rehearsals to seminars, conferences, journalism or capturing audio for video applications, the H1 gives you clean, clear stereo sound effortlessly.
Version 2.0 Features USB
The H1 also functions as a USB audio interface, letting you record directly to either a Mac or PC. Use your favorite recording software or the bundled WaveLab LE from Steinberg, so you can start to produce and edit your recording right out of the box.
MPN ZH1 2 2
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Auto REC Level, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV （Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit,128times oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: microSD card (16MB - 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB - 32GB)
- Display: 127 segment custom LCD (with backlight)
- Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone
- Gain: 0 to +39dB ( Minimum gain with digital attenuation: -28dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 120dB SPL
- Mic / Line Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in power supported)
- Input impedance: 2kΩ (Input level: 0 to -39dBm)
- Phones / Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Output Load Impedance: 10kΩ or more
- Rated Output Level: -10dBm
- Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8Ω
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation
- Power Requirements: LR6 or Ni-MH AA battery x 1, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Battery Life (LR6 batteries): 10 hours (MP3), 9.5 hours (WAV)
- Dimensions: 44(W) x 136(D) x 31(H)mm vWeight: 60g (without batteries)
- Micro SD card (2GB)
- AA Battery
*Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
*Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
*The microSD and microSDHC logos are trademarks.
*The use of MPEG Layer-3 audio compression technology is licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Sisvel SpA.
*All other trademarks, product names, and company names mentioned in this documentation are the property of their respective owners.
*All features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
*Recording concerts, lectures and other events without the permission of the rights-holders is illegal.
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Music Production Software - Multi-Track Audio Recording with Sound Library
Description$399.00 Add to cart
X/Y Stereo Microphone
Description$69.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$24.99 Add to cart
H1 Handy Recorder Accessory Package