Class-A Tube Microphone and Instrument Preamp
Product Code 55226
Buy Today and Save $600.00 (46% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Simplicity of design. Purity of sound. Introducing Robbie, Blue's new Class-A discrete tube microphone and instrument preamplifier. All of the technical quality and design innovation that goes into our line of award-winning microphones has been engineered into making Robbie one of the finest tube preamps available today. With no ICs and only the highest- quality discrete components from input to output, Robbie is one of the quietest (-131 dB EIN @ 50) and most detailed (THD 0.006%) tube preamps available today. It features audiophile-grade ultra low noise metal film resistors and polystyrene capacitors, and provides the user with the best of both worlds: An electronically-balanced, fully discrete input stage, tube gain stage (ECC88 twin triode), and an electronically-balanced solid-state output stage. There is no switching crossover distortion anywhere in the completely balanced audio signal path. And if that's not enough, Robbie achieves and amazing 34dB headroom before clipping!
Elegance and simplicity are the driving forces behind our design philosophy. Robbie is no exception. The front panel features only a large backlit potentiometer (gain) and 1?4 hi-Z instrument input. On the back, you'll find the power cable input, power switch, balanced XLR mic input, balanced XLR line output, polarity switch, -20 dB pad, input selector switch (mic/instrument) and phantom power on/off.
- Minimum Gain: 8 dB
- Maximum Gain: 68 dB
- Frequency Response (+ / - 2 dB ): 10Hz-100kHz
- Noise @ 60 dB gain (10 Hz - 30 kHz, 50ohm source): -131 dB EIN
- Noise @ 60 dB gain (10 Hz - 30 kHz, 150ohm source): -129 dB EIN
- THD + Noise @ 60 dB gain (10 Hz-20 kHz, +22 dBu output): < 0.006%
- Phase Response @ 60dB gain (50Hz-20kHz, +22 dBu output): < 5°
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (50Hz-20kHz, 100 mV input): 60dB gain > 64dB; 30dB gain > 75dB
- Max. Input Level (8dB Gain, 20Hz-20kHz): +22 dBu w/o pad
- Maximum Output Level (20Hz-40kHz @ 10kohm): +34 dBu
- Mic Input Impedence (20Hz-20kHz): 5kohm (2x 2.5kohm)
- HI-Z Input Impedence: 1Mohm
- Output Impedence: 50ohm (2x25ohm)
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, +/- 1.5 VDC
- Power Consumption: 8W
- Power Requirements: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.5" X 8.25" 5.25"
*Excellent condition. Original factory seal is not intact. Full manufacturer warranty applies. These items qualify for 8thstreet Return & Trade-back policies.
Description$2,999.99 Add to cart
Multiple Pattern Tube Mic
Description$399.99 Add to cart
Class A Discrete Condenser Microphone with Shockmount and Popfilter
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)