The WMD Geiger Counter Civilian Issue is a modified take on WMD's classic noise maker. It is a high gain pre amp that drives an 8 bit computer to create tube overdrive and hot gated leads to limitless amounts of gain, multiple octave foldover, harsh digital data errors, and piercing sculpted noise. The radical circuits and sounds are still present in the Civilian version, making this a pedal for sonic anarchists and trouble-makers. The WMD Geiger Counter Civilian issue takes 32 sounds from the original Geiger Counter, and the Function knob delivers 16 algorythm forms that will utterly decimate your signal with its on-board lo-fi 8 bit computer. The gain knob provides anything from a nice clean tone to insane amounts of overdrive. Use this to hit the Function tables harder or softer to produce different amounts of harmonics. The tone knob can be used to fine tune the harmonic content from the Function tables. Use lower settings for fewer upper level harmonics. Manipulating the Function knob will cause the number on the display from 0 to 9 and A to F. This selects the 16 presets inside the GCCI. Push the knob in to activate the Low Fidelity mode for each preset, which can create some utterly unique and sick tones with its dirtier and nastier sounds. The Geiger Counter WMD Civilian Issue is powered by any 9vdc and is true bypass, so all you get is the unadulterated tone of your rig and the mind warping harmonic nastiness of the Geiger Counter Civilian Issue.
The WMD Geiger Counter Civilian is an ugly little brother that still has plenty of bark, bite and 8 bit sickness to spread. Don't let the smaller size and smaller price fool you – there is still plenty of dirty sludge and harmonic madness to be had with the Geiger Counter Civilian Issue. Military approved and now dispensed to the citizens of the world, this pedal will decimate and tear holes in your tone, scrape your teeth clean with its sonic ugliness, and shear off most if not all pleasant sounds in your rig, leaving a smoldering mass of broken notes and mangled wreckage. The Geiger Counter Civilian Issue is the perfect choice for deranged sonic manglers who need to push their tones and distortions to new limits of acceptability.
MPN: Geiger Counter Civilian Issue
- Handwired and True Bypass
- Gain - The gain control provides anywhere from a nice clean tone to a ton of overdrive. Use this to hit the Function tables harder or softer to produce different amounts of harmonics.
- Tone - The tone control can be used to fine tune the harmonic content from the Function tables. Use lower settings for fewer upper level harmonics.
- Function - Twisting this knob will cause the number on the display to change. This selects the 16 presets inside the GCCI. Push the knob in to activate the Low Fidelity mode for each preset. Low Fidelity mode is indicated by the decimal point on the display. Each Function recalls parameters from the original Geiger Counter including the Bit Depth, Sample Rate and the Wave Table.
- Powered by 9 volt battery or 9 v dc. A battery snap is provided, but is recommended for power supply backup only as the GCCI uses a lot of power (about 40mA). A battery could last as little as 5 hours.
Description$399.95 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Digital Destruction Guitar Pedal
Description$28.95 Add to cart
AC & Cable Pedal Combo Pack
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$22.95 Add to cart
Adjustable Guitar Stand
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable