The QSC KW153 is a 15 inch 3-way 1000 watt powered pa speaker.
Features DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) which ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field. Easier to transport with the comfortable ergonomic handles.
Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC's system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
High Output: Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75 inch HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural dead or hot frequency zones.
DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4 inch TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for daisy-chaining of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Control: On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be daisy-chained for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Premium-grade materials: KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 watts)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (full-range models)
- Configuration: 15 inch, 3 way trapezoidal
- Transducers: Low Frequency: 15 inch cone transducer, Mid-Frequency: 6.5 inch mid range cone transducer, High Frequency: 1.75 inch diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 35 Hz – 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 33 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 75 degrees axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 134 dB peak
- Power Output: 1000 watts Class D
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR / ¼ inch line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR / ¼ inch line/mic level input
- Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out
- Balanced male XLR mix out
- Stereo RCA line level input
- Remote gain control
- Locking IEC power connector
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43.1 x 18.5 x 16.8 inches (1094 x 470 x 427 mm)
- Weight: 87 pounds
Description$799.00 Add to cart
700 watt Active 18 inch Subwoofer
Description$329.99 Add to cart
12-Channel 4-Bus Mixing Console with Effects and USB
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Pro Supercardioid Dynamic Reference Microphone
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Pro Air Powered Speaker Stand
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Adjustable Professional Equipment Cart-Medium
Description$79.99 Add to cart
Pair of Tripod Speaker Stand with FREE Carrying Bag
Description$28.95 Add to cart
50 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)