The new "traditional" version of the NS Double Bass is set up to satisfy the needs of the experienced upright bassist. Acoustic Helicore Hybrid™ strings by D'Addario, specially designed for NS basses, are standard on both 4 and 5 string CRT models. These deliver a classic upright tone, warm and percussive, with a great response to the bow. The bridge is raised to lift the strings above the fingerboard for action typical of the acoustic upright. Higher string tension and action make it possible to "dig in" like on an acoustic, with reserves of rich sound that can be eased back for a traditional tone, or brought forward for exciting new sounds.
Standard 106 cm acoustic upright scale length is employed to insure that fingering and string tension will be very close to conventional instruments. The neck shape is traditional, except that the small body allows unrestricted access to the upper register of the fingerboard. A small brass button on the back of the neck provides a tactile reference for the traditional "D neck" position. Dot markers provide a subtle but effective intonation reference.
The exclusive Polar™ pickup has 2 modes of operation, "arco" and "pizzicato", that may be blended together. When blended equally (balance control centered) the response is similar to an acoustic upright. The arco mode enhances sensitivity to the bow, and the plucked response is extraordinarily percussive. In the pizz. mode the percussive attack is reduced for a smooth sustained response. Bass and Treble EQ controls, in combination with the Polar pickup options, provide tremendous tonal range.
An End Pin Stand is standard equipment with the CRT series. The fully adjustable mono-pod design allows the player to set the instrument in a position like that of an acoustic double bass. The point where the end pin touches the floor can be easily adjusted so that the weight of the instrument is centered over the tip. This balances the instrument leaving both hands free for expressive play. The End Pin Stand conversion kit attaches to the tripod stand to hold the instrument upright for on-stand performance or when not in use. As with all NS Bass models, a Tripod stand and Strap System are available.
MPN CR4TBASS 0 0
- LENGTH: 132 cm (52")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (6")
- WEIGHT:(instrument only) 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")
- WEIGHT:(including stand & gig bag) 8.2 kg (18 lbs.)
- CONSTRUCTION: Solid rock maple body and neck, with a flame maple face. The neck has a traditional profile. A small brass pin on the back of the neck indicates thumb position.
- FINISH: Amber stain with clear satin polymer topcoat
- FINGERBOARD: Hand graduated ebony fingerboard. Fingering/intonation referenced with cascading dot markers.
- BRIDGE: Black phenolic; radius 7.9cm (3.1") string spacing 9.3 cm (3.66"); adjustable height.
- BRIDGE PICKUPS: The Polar™ directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for arco, dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound) or vertical string vibration (for the sustained plucked/pizzicato sound). A balance control allows the player to set the level of each mode as desired.
- ELECTRONICS: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.
- CONTROLS: (top to bottom)
- Pickup Balance
- counterclockwise - pizzicato (vertical vibration)
- clockwise - arco (lateral vibration)
- Treble EQ
- Bass EQ
- TRUSS ROD: Powerful truss rod allows positive relief to provide optimal action.
- TUNING MACHINES: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish.
- STRINGS: The CRT is equipped with D'Addario Helicore strings This instrument is compatible with most standard upright bass strings.
- END PIN STAND (standard): provides a conventional position and feel for acoustic players. Steel, fully adjustable, mono-pod design folds for easy storage and fits in gig bag.
Description$1,549.00 Add to cart
Nylon String Concert SA w/Deluxe Gig Bag
Description$699.00 Add to cart
Pro Guitar Synthesizer
Description$399.99 Add to cart
Digital Wireless Instrument System
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$214.95 Add to cart
GR Unit Selector Switch
Description$59.95 Add to cart
High Quality Musical Instrument Cable
Description$49.95 Add to cart
13-Pin Cable for Roland Guitar Synths