The NS Design CR Series CR-5M is an upright electric double bass that has a lean, solid body crafted in the Czech Republic. The CR-4M bass is made with select European hard maple and ebony, with a flame maple face. The neck has a traditional upright shape, but with extended access to the upper register of the fingerboard. The bass's solidbody design enhances sustain and clarity, and is resistant to the effects of temperature change and humidity.
The full-scale, seasoned fingerboard is hand graduated for consistent response from note to note, with adjustable relief and bridge height to suit all playing styles. Small dots across the neck provide accurate position markers.
NS Design's Polar bridge pickup system combines great sound with directional sensitivity, sensing lateral or vertical string vibration, as well as a combination of the two. Set in the lateral mode, the pickup has incredible sensitivity in the direction of the bow. In the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained. The Polar bridge ensures a rich and expressive response to pizzicato and arco technique.
The CR-5M upright bass features low-impedance EMG pickups incorporating neodymium magnets and individually adjustable coils for a full sound quality with very low noise. Controls include volume, a blend control for magnetic and piezo pickups, a toggle switch to select the mode of the Polar pickup, and individual bass EQ and treble EQ controls. The 18-volt power supply insures plenty of reserve overhead for full dynamics. This compact electric bass also has a convenient, self-supporting tripod stand.
- Controls: (top to bottom)
- Blend: counterclockwise - magnetic pickups/clockwise - Polar pickup
- Treble EQ
- Bass EQ: Switch for Polar pickup (up - pizzicato (vertical vibration) / center - both / down position - arco (lateral vibration)
- Bridge pickup: Polar directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound)
- Truss rod: Double rod design, accessible at nut
Magnetic Pickup: Low impedance EMG magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp
- Scale Length: 41.73"
- Construction: Solid rock maple neck and body, flame maple face
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony; 1.7" wide at nut; 3.5" max. width
- Nut: Macassar Ebony; radius (3.1"); string spacing (1.19")
- Adjustable Bridge: Two screws in the back of the body are used to adjust the bridge up and down, allowing instrument to be set up to meet the requirements of many different playing styles
- Finish: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss polymer coating
Tuning machines: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish
- Strings: Low B D'Addario stainless steel flatwound strings standard, compatible with most standard upright bass strings
- Tripod stand: Chrome-plated steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design
- Length: 52"
- Weight: 10.5 lbs.
- Electronics: 18V active circuit by HAZ Laboratories, mono output
- Bridge: Black phenolic; radius (3.1") string spacing (3.19")
- Tripod stand: 7 lbs.
Description$1,579.00 Add to cart
Nylon String Concert SA w/Deluxe Gig Bag
Description$699.00 Add to cart
Guitar Synth - Black - Without GK-3 Pickup
Description$349.99 Add to cart
Digital Wireless Instrument System
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$219.99 Add to cart
GR GK-2A/GK-3 Unit Selector Pedal Switch
Description$59.95 Add to cart
High Quality Musical Instrument Cable
Description$49.95 Add to cart
13-Pin Cable for Roland Guitar Synths
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)