Our most sought after model, the EU Series double bass is made in the Czech Republic to the exact specifications of the original US Series instrument. The revolutionary design is molded with concentric laminations of graphite and rock maple that run the entire length of the instrument for maximum sonic integrity. The back of the neck is curved inward to follow the arch of the graphite fingerboard, resulting in a slim, easy to play neck with full access to the upper register
The Polar™ pickup system, with its ability to respond to lateral and vertical vibration separately or both at once, is uniquely suited to an instrument that is both bowed and plucked. A fabulous bowed response and drum like pizzicato attack are characteristic of the lateral mode, while the sustained pizz. response of the vertical mode creates a new dimension for the upright bass. Magnetic pickups by EMG add a smooth ~Selectric~T option to the sound pallet. With active EQ and full control of pickup selection, the sonic options are virtually unlimited.
Available in 5 and 6 stringed models, the EU Series Double Bass, designed by Ned Steinberger, is in a class of its own, offering the bassist unparalleled performance and tonal quality.
MAPLE/GRAPHITE LAMINATE: The body and neck employ a unique laminating process combining 27 alternate thin layers of maple (for the feel and warmth of wood), and graphite fibers (for brilliance, consistent sustain, and stability) adhered in an epoxy matrix. The result: remarkable strength & tonal brilliance.
CONCENTRIC NECK, BODY, AND PEGHEAD: The back of the neck is curved inward to follow the arch of the fingerboard, creating a broad recess for the thumb that gives the neck a slim, fast feel for its entire length and ensures structural integrity from neck to body.
PICKUPS: The EU Series Double Bass features the unique Polar bridge-mounted piezo pickup system, which can sense either lateral or vertical string vibration - or both! Set in the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow. In the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained. The low-impedance EMG™ magnetic pickups incorporate individually adjustable coils and neodymium magnets.
ACTIVE EQ AND MIXER: Controls include volume, blend controls for the magnetic and piezo pickups, , and individual bass EQ & treble EQ controls.
- LENGTH: 132 cm (52")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (6")
- THICKNESS: 10 cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: (Low B or high C) or 6 (BEADGC)
- CONSTRUCTION: Twenty-seven alternating layers of rock maple and graphite fiber laminated in an epoxy matrix. The entire back of the instrument is curved toward to follow the curve of the front surface, forming a single continuous structure. The concave shape of the back of the neck creates a broad pocket for the thumb, and keeps neck thickness under 25 mm (1").
- FINISH: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss hand polished polymer coating.
- FINGERBOARD: Graphite; 5 cm (2 ") wide at nut; 9.3 cm (3.7 ") max. width.
- BRIDGE: Black phenolic; radius 7.9 cm (3.1"); string spacing 9.3 cm (3.66").
- NUT: Black phenolic; radius 6.1 cm (2.4"); string spacing 4.3 cm (1.68").
- BRIDGE PICKUP: The Polar™ directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- MAGNETIC PICKUP: Low impedance EMG™ magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, neodymium magnets, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp.
- ELECTRONICS: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.
- CONTROLS: (top to bottom)
- Switch for Polar pickup:
- up - pizzicato (vertical vibration)
- center - both
- down position - arco (lateral vibration)
- counterclockwise - magnetic pickups
- clockwise - Polar pickup
- Treble EQ
- Bass EQ
- TRUSS ROD: Dual Action, removeable
- TUNING MACHINES: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish.
- STRINGS: Compatible with most standard upright bass strings. D'Addario stainless steel flatwound strings standard.
- TRIPOD STAND (standard): Chrome-plated steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- GIG BAG (standard): Padded tube with handle and shoulder strap, 137 cm (54") long; 18 cm (7") in diameter. Loaded weight is 8.2 kg (18 Ibs.), including stand. Fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft.
Description$1,579.00 Add to cart
Nylon String Concert SA w/Deluxe Gig Bag
Description$699.00 Add to cart
Guitar Synth - Black - Without GK-3 Pickup
Description$299.99 Add to cart
Digital Wireless Instrument System
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$219.99 Add to cart
GR GK-2A/GK-3 Unit Selector Pedal Switch
Description$59.95 Add to cart
High Quality Musical Instrument Cable
Description$49.95 Add to cart
13-Pin Cable for Roland Guitar Synths
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)