Semi-Weighted 61 Note Action with Nine Physical Drawbars
Product Code 65730
Buy Today and Save $300.00 (12% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The new Electro 4D features everything from the award winning Electro 3 series, adding a brand new set of physical drawbars, the tone wheel organ engine from the Nord C2D and USB-MIDI - all in an ultra portable package sporting a 61-note Semi Weighted Waterfall keybed.
The Electro 4D sports one setup of physical drawbars of the same type as on our flagship organ, the Nord C2D, perfect for actively shaping the sound on the fly. The organ can be split, for compact dual manual action and its even possible to assign the lower manual to a second MIDI keyboard. Furthermore the Electro 4D naturally has inputs for a Swell pedal and for controlling the Rotary Speaker.
The Nord Electro 4D features the B3 tone wheel organ engine from our flagship organ Nord C2D and includes a redesigned Key Click simulation as well as the Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit with a great new overdrive. The percussion model has been improved to offer increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato. Naturally, the vibrato and chorus scanners have been carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels.
The Farfisa* and Vox* models are just as impressive as the B3, simulating the behavior and unique response of the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high-end.
The Vox* Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but with a very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Amp simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
The Nord Electro 4D comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library - our specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using our state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and new additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Electro 4D is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The Nord Electro 4D includes the optional Long Release feature, suitable for legato playing styles and has an ON/OFF button for the String Resonance (Gen 1) feature on Grand and Upright Pianos.
185 MB of the memory is dedicated to Nord Piano Library sounds.
Nord Sample Library and Sample Editor
The Nord Electro 4D supports the Nord Sample Library, giving you access to our exclusively licensed Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds and a wide selection of quality sounds from leading sample producers. See the Nord Sample Library section to learn more and listen more than 1000 the sounds currently available! The Nord Sample library is updated on a regular basis and all new additions can be downloaded for free!
The included Nord Sample Editor makes it possible to add any sound you want to your Electro 4D. The Sample Editor can use audio files in the .wav format and has great tools to assist you in getting the results you want. Mapping several samples across the keyboard or creating seamless loops has never been easier.
The Electro 4D has 68 MB of memory dedicated to samples and our efficient lossless compression algorithm makes it possible for us to use samples of up to three times the size compared to a standard linear sample player.
The Nord Electro 4D has an extensive Effect section with great, tweakable effects for instantly adding some dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound.
The Amp/Speaker simulation now features the same Vintage 122 Rotary Speaker simulations as found in our flagship organ, Nord C2D. Also, there's a flexible Stereo Delay effect with Tap-Tempo and Ping-Pong mode.
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button and Ping-Pong modeNEW
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Rotary and Compressor
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
Changing, editing and storing presets is a breeze and there is even 4 Live memory locations that automatically saves what you're doing. The Program memory can hold 128 different Programs, and these are organized in 4 Program Banks with 32 Pages each.
All Nord instruments have dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions to keep the interface simple and easy to use during a performance. Functions only accessible through menus are printed on the panel for easy overview.
The 61-key Semi Weighted Waterfall (C-C) is naturally brilliant for organ chops but even works great for piano parts. Each Fatar keybed is meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
- Global features
- 61-key (5 octaves, C-C) Velocity sensitive Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard
PIANO AND SAMPLE LIBRARY SECTION
- 5 selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurl & Clav/Harpsichord. Each type can contain several different models.
- 185 MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types
- Each and every piano in the Electro 4D is replacable by the user. New models can be uploaded to the Electro 4D using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance-control (ON/OFF)
- Long Release
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- 68 MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds. 15 Voices for Sample Library sounds.
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ engine from Nord C2D Combo Organ
- 9 physical drawbars
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and keyclick level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" you wish to have in your B3 sound
- MIDI Split: By connecting an extra MIDI keyboard the Nord Electro 4D can be used as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ringmodulator
- Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedah-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped
- Close or Normal microphone placement for 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Delay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet control
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack, like Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
- 1 Sustain pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC320 C18 power connector
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord DVD-ROM
- 900 mm (35.4") x 100 mm (3.9") x 300 mm (11.8")
- 7.65 kg (15.3 lbs)
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Analog Bass Synth Module
Description$199.00 Add to cart
Soft case Electro 3 61 / Wave / Lead 2 / 4D
Description$139.99 Add to cart
Programmable Strobe Tuner
Description$49.99 Add to cart
Standard Keyboard Bench
Description$34.95 Add to cart
Universal Volume / Control Pedal
Description$29.95 Add to cart
Universal Piano Style Sustain Pedal
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)