Limited Edition 6-string Cutaway Hollowbody Electric Guitar
Product Code 66110
Buy Today and Save $405.00 (30% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic new "Black Top" Filter'Tron™ pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5422TDCG with an electrifying new voice and identity.
The G5422TDCG Electromatic Hollow Body is a sharp new Gretsch guitar with a bound double-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, gold plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and Bigsby®-licensed B60G vibrato tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and gold-plated hardware.
GRETSCH® Lore: The Cherry Blossom Incident
Sometimes with good intentions, even the best well laid out plans can go haywire, with glorious results. Case in point...
An experienced painter at the Gretsch® factory begins prepping top coats on two-hundred (200) of the NEW Electromatic® G5422TDCG double-cutaway guitars in the color "Snow Crest White". What the painter didn't realize was he had connected the source paint supply with a contaminated feed line that was freshly used to color a run of guitars in Cherry Red.
Once the paint cured on the guitars, the shop foreman questioned the painter on his method that created the now gorgeous high-gloss white finish that embodied a hint of red tint, a color that WASN'T scheduled to be produced. Embarrassed and unsure at the time how the mis-hap occurred, the painter in an effort to save face, responded with confidence, "what you see before you is not guitars painted the wrong color, but 200 instruments finished in the shade, "CHERRY BLOSSOM."
Limited global quantity of 200 units
MPN 2504814569 0 0
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron™ Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron™ Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Gold-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-Back
- Unique Features: Gold Plated Hardware, Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes and Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, Bigsby®-Licensed B60G Vibrato Tailpiece
Description$489.99 Add to cart
6-String Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Classic Guitar Effects & Amp Simulator
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$9.99 Add to cart
Electric Guitar Strings
Description$5.95 Add to cart
Pick made with acetal/polymer - 12 pcs