The Wahoo™ is a dual analogue filter stomp box where each filter can be configured as low-pass or band-pass and operate independently in wah pedal, envelope, LFO, and pitch-tracking modes. The warm-sounding fully analogue signal path is digitally controlled for precision, configurability and adaptability. Whether you want to recreate the character of vintage wah/filter pedals or break new sonic barriers, the Wahoo™ can do it for you.
By using an analogue filter topology based on vintage synthesizer filters, the Wahoo™ generates a warm tone with an organic feel. Something that's not possible using digital effects.
A drive control lets you gently overdrive the filters to increase the warmth or crank it up to get fuzz-wah tones.
The filters have a wide frequency range of 10 Hz – 4 kHz, and wide resonance range from flat to self-oscillation. Moreover, resonance is not fixed, but can be varied dynamically so it can track the cutoff frequency to further expand your creative possibilities. Combining this with drive, response curves and variable envelope filter attack/decay allows you to replicate the sonic character of many vintage and modern wah/filter pedals.
It's simple to tweak settings on the carefully designed control panel. Once you have created what you want, you can save it to one of 100 internal presets.
As well as being ideal at home or in the studio, Wahoo™ has special features that make it perfect on stage. The sturdy, lightweight aluminium chassis, paired with modern robust electronic design ensures that the Wahoo™ will stand up to the demands of the toughest gigs. The large bright display is readable outdoors but can also be dimmed when required in low-light environments.
A lock switch ensures that settings cannot be changed accidentally in the heat of a performance, but still allows you to select which preset to use. Foot-operated selection of presets lets you access what you need with minimum hassle.
Powered by 9VDC, 4xAA batteries or USB, and with modern-yet-retro styling, you can be sure Wahoo™ will fit into your rig.
Unique patent-pending pedal sensor
Most wah pedals operate using a potentiometer (a pot) which wears out quickly resulting in the effect becoming scratchy. These also have mechanical couplings which limit fine control and let dirt inside the unit, so compromising reliability.
Some other wah pedals use optical methods which are susceptible to dirt, and these also have mechanical couplings.
For the Wahoo™, we designed a brand new type of position sensor that allows super-fine precision control with no mechanical couplings. As a result, the pedal control on the Wahoo™ won't get scratchy and will never wear out!
True-bypass means that the effect is completely switched out of your signal chain when bypassed to preserve the integrity of your guitar/bass signal. This is typically done by mechanical switches but these cause clicks or pops when switching.
For the Wahoo™, we designed a silent-switching true-bypass circuit so you get the benefits of true-bypass without the associated switching noise. What's more: if the power to Wahoo™ is interrupted, the unit will automatically switch back to the bypassed state so you don't lose your signal.
A USB connection lets you connect Wahoo™ to a computer where the Desktop Editor Software allows visual preset editing and manipulation. Presets can also be save to, and loaded from, files for exchange with other Wahoo users.
USB-MIDI can be used to sync internal LFOs and to automate the filter parameters. The expression pedal also sends MIDI controller messages to drive software instruments and effects.
Future-Proof (Upgradeable Firmware)
To support new features and to make it futureproof, the firmware (internal software) of the Wahoo™ can be upgraded. This means you can invest with confidence in the Wahoo™.
- Warm organic analogue tone.
- Dual-filter design.
- Digitally controlled with 100 expertly-crafted factory presets and 100 user presets.
- Patent-pending pedal sensor that will never wear out.
- Transparent-True-Bypass switching.
- Wah pedal, envelope, LFO and Pitch-tracking filter modes.
- Future-proof upgradeable firmware.
- 9 VDC, 4xAA batteries, USB-powered.
- Unique patent-pending pedal sensor for super-fine precision control that will never wear out.
- Transparent-True-Bypass giving all the benefits of true-bypass without the switching noise.
- Dual-filter design allows enhanced sonic possibilities that have more depth and are more vocal-sounding than most other filter pedals.
- Sonuus pitch-tracking technology provides novel pitch-tracking filter effects.
- Response curves let you tailor the feel of the filter response.
- Size: 171mm x 192mm x 73mm
- Weight: 1.3kg (without batteries)
- Power supply: 9V DC, 4x AA batteries, USB (500mA max)
- Battery Life: Typically > 10 hours (NiMH rechargeables, 2000mA.hr)
- Input (Instrument): 6.35mm (1/4") mono jack | 900 kOhm impedance
- Switching: Transparent-True-Bypass
- Mixer: Filter drive, filter1/2 mix, wet/dry, output level
- Computer: Standard Type B USB socket
- Drivers: Class-compliant (built into operation system)
- Presets: 100 factory, 100 user
- Num Filters: 2
- Cutoff Range: 10Hz - 4000Hz
- Resonance (Q): 0 (subtle) to 100 (self-oscillating)
- Filter Type: Band-pass, low-pass (24dB/octave)
- Filter Modes: Pedal, LFO, envelope, pitch-bend, pitch-track
- LFO Types: Sine, square, triangle, saw-up, saw-down, trapezoid, random
- Computer (Audio/MIDI): Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and above
- Apple OSX 10.3.9 and above
- Computer (Desktop Editor): Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and above
- Apple OSX 10.5 and above
Description$169.99 Add to cart
Looper Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Universal Guitar-to-Midi Converter
Description$29.95 Add to cart
Folding Instrument Stand - Fits in Case
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Phaser Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$8.95 Add to cart
3 foot Instrument Cable
Description$4.95 Add to cart
Regular light gauge set nickel-plated steel strings